• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gps

Lsdpoet

Reaction score
Visit site
OK Guys...I admit I'm old and not too bright so forgive the dumb question... how do I listen to my GPS through my helmet? Blue tooth? Wires?...
Got the Garmin hard wired but nothing else at this time...
Thanks for any help.

I use bluetooth.

Install a pair of helmet speakers/mic and pair it with your GPS (and Phone if you want to).

Most helmets have a molded pocket for the speakers so you don't even have scoop out the foam. Pretty easy.

My old bike used wired GPS and I find the bluetooth 100x more convenient.

I asked Garmin what type of bluetooth my old Zumo 550 needed and they replied "Depending on the headset, as long as it is A2DP, it should work." I've also plugged in my earplugs directly into the Zumo mount's mini jack. But generally, I prefer to glance down rather than have it continually telling me to 'turn in x meters, turn now, continue x kilometers'. Being retired I can afford to miss a couple turns.

Last edited:
HarveyM is right - any bluetooth headset that supports A2DP should work for you.

I have a Sena 20S and have it connected it to my iPhone 6 for my phone and music, a handlebar mounted iPhone 5s that I have running GPS software and sometimes an Ebay $30 bluetooth headset in my son's helmet. It all works great.

The Sena 20S is a great device but there are issues some people have. The 10 is generally recommended as their best device from what I see - rock solid, tried and true model.

I think the Sena 10S is the best bluetooth out there. I have a riding buddy with a 20S and he's had nothing but trouble with the battery life, speaker issues, mic sound quality...you name it.

I ran into some bluetooth issues with my first Garmin. Turns out I bought a car model and it was 100% incapable of connecting to my Sena. I finally scraped up the dough for a Zumo model and ironically I wind up turning off the bluetooth most of the time because it annoys me.

In retrospect, I should have just kept using my phone.

Last edited:
If I wanted a voice in my head telling where to go, I'd get married again. :rolleyes:
I was happily married for 14 years, unfortunately was married for 23, the last 9 I no longer had a motorcycle.

Back