• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

GPR Deeptone Muffler

eccles

Reaction score
Visit site
Fitted one recently. Easiest ever, no wrangling, very nice note.
However, I didn't like the finish so had it polished. Here are the pics b/4 & after.
GPR muffler BEFORE.jpg
GPR muffler AFTER.jpg

It does look a lot better and it is how the manufacturer should sell it!

Wow, i always wanted one of them. How did you get this polished? Where did you buy the deeptone please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, but I'd take those little plastic covers off of the springs. I'm sure they have a well thought out purpose, but since this thread is about aesthetics....just my two cents.

Please forgive the necropost.

Any changes to the fuel injection maps required or recommended with this slip-on?
Any noticeable changes to MPG?

I love the tone of the GPRs although I don't necessarily want a lot more volume. I would like to hear what the motor is doing; it would help remap my brain to the low RPM on this bike.

Was this change made to try to get more performance/efficiency, or you simply didn't like the sound the bike had stock :confused:
I actually like the stock sound.
Go figure :rolleyes:

Me too. I have a lot of people tell me how quiet my NC is. I like that. There's so many loud Harleys and crotch rockets around here, people aren't used to a quiet bike. They appreciate it!

I'm finding it difficult to understanding how the engine wants to be run when I can't hear the danged thing very well.

At the recommended shift points 4/5/6th I can't hear it but the engine feels like it's lugging. I know it's not true and the bike is made for low RPM but it's hard to wrap my head around without auditory clues. I'm having to look at the tach more often than I'd like.

Just bought a danmoto slip-on that I'll install after the first service. Hopefully I can hear the motor a bit better.

At the recommended shift points 4/5/6th I can't hear it but the engine feels like it's lugging. I know it's not true and the bike is made for low RPM but it's hard to wrap my head around without auditory clues. I'm having to look at the tach more often than I'd like.

I think you'll get used to it quicker than you think. I've not had a bike that didn’t have a Two Brothers exhaust in quite some time. I've not modified the exhaust on the NCX. It is more of a feel than a hear. Maybe because I'm getting old and loosing my hearing I don't have a choice but I can feel when it needs to be shifted. I don't pay attention to the tach. I barely look at the speedometer. :)

I think it will grow on you quickly and you could do it without the exhaust but you should do what makes you feel comfortable.

Back