• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got sprayed by a crop duster yesterday

Unrealistic expectations was all I was trying to point out Mr. Cash. Also, the direction the thread was heading was to an apocalyptic demise of the OP and I simply tried to pull in the reigns. Sorry if you misunderstood my "let's not call the attorneys just yet" was any implication that YOU were going to sue anyone. Being located in Japan I fail to see how that would accomplish anything useful........much like this banter.

I still believe your original comment was based on unrealistic expectations.

I'm done
Mike

Content removed

Last edited:
Yes, I've seen those cardboard markers dropped from planes. I've also seen a guy on each end of the field with an orange tarp and I'm not that old. I've never farmed but I've been around it my whole life and have worked in research, industry and academia.
Mike

The cardboard isn't the marker, the toilet paper (streamer) is. The cardboard is just a weight to make it fall down, but which will also decompose easily in the soil.

And now that you mention it I _have_ seen people out 'marking' where the planes should go, just not in production ag; only in academia/research. Perhaps your part of the country was significantly behind mine, in terms of marking technology? The government has also done something that looks similar as of not too many years ago, but the function was a bit different.

First, 670CC was the OP not BugDr.

Second, I see two people whose opinions I usually value misunderstanding each other. Can't we all just get along :)

Then I stand corrected on that point. I still don't appreciate the throw-your-own-words-in-your-face contentiousness.

Wow, that has gotta suck riding through a cloud of that. The things one must watch for when touring has just increased by one...

I've been out of town all weekend so late getting into the conversation. Glad your OK and seems easily taken care of. Keep in mind people. We are all eating this crap they spray on the crops probably daily. You’re probably immune to it.

Back