• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got one...

6 miles.jpg

This is right after I got the bike, I had to take it for a spin. It was love at first sight, and I went 6 miles before I stopped. I received the bike with 0 miles on the clock. Here you can see the 6 I put on it.

first day I got it.jpg

Another one from when I just got it.

bike parked at JFK.jpg

This one I took to at JFK airport, where they provide free parking for motorcycles! If you're from NYC, you know how unlikely it is to find free parking anywhere. You can see the CalSci medium windshield installed on it.

Kitty and bike.jpg

Playing with my cat right next to the bike.

me looking out into the distance.jpg

Because of the bike, I go everywhere, and anywhere, at any time and in any weather. This is just one of those days where it was nice, so I went to Rockaway beach, because, well, why not??

me on bike plus car.jpg

That's me in my Olympia suit, which is a great summer suit with high viz paint scheme to keep those taxis and Jersey drivers off of you. Without it, I've been sideswiped 4 times already, but thanks to my constant vigilance, I only kept it to a sideswiping, and not a crash....

MEtzen's and my bike.jpg

My friend (in his GS 650 Dakar) and I took a ride out to Sandy Hook Beach in the dirty Jerz, only to find that the park was closed due to it being devastated by Hurricane Sandy. that was a nice ride there though.

sunset in BK.jpg

This is a picture of the sunset that I took my (new) girlfriend out to for one of our first few dates. Without the bike, this would be much more difficult to do, because the park we were in has very, very limited spots, and the sunset is the most popular time to go there. You can see the lower tip of Manhattan island to the right of the picture. It really was a great day, and only doable because I ride a motorcycle, and more specifically, because the NC700X allows me to comfortably and semi efficiently travel as much as I want.

bike at fire.jpg
This last one is of the bike this past weekend. I rode out 160 miles to meetup with a few college buddies at a lakehouse. We drew up some fireworks and started up a great big bonfire. This past weekend was nuts, I had a music show in Webster hall (Manhattan) then I rode up 160 miles, rode around Binghamton for another 30 miles, then rode down another 160 miles back home, because then ext day I had to ride to six flags great adventure with girlfriend in tow. This bike really is enabling me to do things I really would not normally do.

I bought the bike less than two months ago, and have put over 3000 miles on it, almost all of them navigating through the boroughs of NYC. My longest trip to date has been 320 miles round trip, but most of the time I ride into and around the greatest city (IMHO). My biggest gripe with the bike is the lack of power, after about 90 MPH you can tell it's getting out of breath. Normally it's ok, and I am not going to be changing bikes because of it, but it could use a tiny bit more power. I also hate the exhaust note, and wish it would be louder. I don't consider slip ons to be cost effective, especially since I expect to be dropping this thing on dirt roads in the near future, so some kind of straight pipe might be in my future. The worst thing about it is the horrible gas mileage I get. I have a hard time breaking 55-60 MPG, which sucks, but it is most likely due to my heavy right wrist, or at least I hope...

I have added a ram mount cell phone mount, have gone through 4 USB cables (I forget that the phone is connected and I yank it by mistake, breaking the USB cable connected to it). I have installed the CalSci windshield (which has formed two small cracks at the top mounting plate) and have taken many rides two up. There was even a small stint off road, in the sands, and in the mud.

Soon, I will be getting crash bars (SW motech or Givi, unsure yet) Bark Busters (not sure what to do with the windshield getting in the way), Skid plate, and luggage.

This is just my latest update, and to be honest, because of the bike, I really have been too busy to stop and chronicle things as regularly as I would like, but I guess this will have to do.

That's all for now. Ride safe, ride often.

Attachments

• me car and bike.jpg
    me car and bike.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 245
This last one is of the bike this past weekend. I rode out 160 miles to meetup with a few college buddies at a lakehouse. We drew up some fireworks and started up a great big bonfire. This past weekend was nuts, I had a music show in Webster hall (Manhattan) then I rode up 160 miles, rode around Binghamton for another 30 miles, then rode down another 160 miles back home, because then ext day I had to ride to six flags great adventure with girlfriend in tow. This bike really is enabling me to do things I really would not normally do.

I bought the bike less than two months ago, and have put over 3000 miles on it, almost all of them navigating through the boroughs of NYC. My longest trip to date has been 320 miles round trip, but most of the time I ride into and around the greatest city (IMHO). My biggest gripe with the bike is the lack of power, after about 90 MPH you can tell it's getting out of breath. Normally it's ok, and I am not going to be changing bikes because of it, but it could use a tiny bit more power. I also hate the exhaust note, and wish it would be louder. I don't consider slip ons to be cost effective, especially since I expect to be dropping this thing on dirt roads in the near future, so some kind of straight pipe might be in my future. The worst thing about it is the horrible gas mileage I get. I have a hard time breaking 55-60 MPG, which sucks, but it is most likely due to my heavy right wrist, or at least I hope...

I have added a ram mount cell phone mount, have gone through 4 USB cables (I forget that the phone is connected and I yank it by mistake, breaking the USB cable connected to it). I have installed the CalSci windshield (which has formed two small cracks at the top mounting plate) and have taken many rides two up. There was even a small stint off road, in the sands, and in the mud.

Soon, I will be getting crash bars (SW motech or Givi, unsure yet) Bark Busters (not sure what to do with the windshield getting in the way), Skid plate, and luggage.

This is just my latest update, and to be honest, because of the bike, I really have been too busy to stop and chronicle things as regularly as I would like, but I guess this will have to do.

That's all for now. Ride safe, ride often.

I have been experimenting and one trick to getting better mileage is to ride it without
revving it much and ride in as high a gear as possible. The low torque seems to use less
gas.

My miles from my last fill up is at 170 miles exactly and I still have two bars on the gas gauge.
That is about 75% highway 60-70 mph and 25% city 35-45 mph.

I average around 60-62 mpg but then I do ride it like I stole it here and there. ;)

After 3000 miles, I am just getting started with my adventures on it. Having this bike for trips into NYC is the best thing that has happened to me. I also wanted to point out that I work from home, so all of the miles I put on the bike are purely pleasure miles, just the way I like it.

I have the tall CalSci windshield on my NC. I have 12,000 miles with this windshield and I love it. However, to use this windshield you will have to install Rox 2" risers. That way no controls hit the windshield. It also makes the bike a lot more comfortable to ride. Rode it to Daytona bike week and Key West last month.6.jpg

smileymustache.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the cool pix Dominican. Sounds like you love your bike and that's what it's all about. I must work more than most because I have had my bike since March and only have 400 miles on her! Looking forward to many trips this summer in between work. Stay safe.

I have the tall CalSci windshield on my NC. I have 12,000 miles with this windshield and I love it. However, to use this windshield you will have to install Rox 2" risers. That way no controls hit the windshield. It also makes the bike a lot more comfortable to ride. Rode it to Daytona bike week and Key West last month.

But if I install the risers won't the controls just go higher up, making them not line up with the cutouts in the windshield? I think I would like to raise my bars a bit. Can you post a picture of your setup? That would be hugely helpful.

So, another update. I have 7000 miles on the bike so far, and I have yet to take it for many trips, so almost all of those miles are very hard, NYC miles. I ride the bike very, very aggressively, going close to redline a lot, dealing with all kinds of bumps and holes and road hazards found on the rather horrible streets of NYC. The only issue so far was a weird squeak, but more frequent chain lubing took care of that.

I had added two accessories to the bike. One was the AC adapter in the trunk, and the other was the heated grips. Grips still work, but I haven't needed them since it is summer, but the AC adapter blew a fuse, and to get to it I would have to take a lot of the plastics off the bike. I could take it to the dealer, but I have not had time, and they want half a day to get it done.

My other mod, the CalSci windshield, suffered from crappy mounting system, so I fitted it with better mounting. It started to crack a bit with the rubber mounts, and it continues to crack with time. I will soon have to replace it, but I don't want to spend a fortunre. I am only 5'8, with a 30 inch inseam, and I want the wind to go over my helmet, not have the turbulent air hit the top of it as it does with the CalSci. I was looking at the Cee Baileys 22 inch or the madstad (madstad would work, but $$$). I'm leaning more to the madstad solution.

As for my next mod, I have ordered the givi crash bars. They were a bit cheaper than the other ones, and I liked the way they looked better. Simple as that. I will also be getting hand guards TRACKSIDE - Aluminum Handguard Kit with Shields - Hand Guards - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear. What do you guys think about those? You can see them mounted here:
3415d1365130767-hand-guards-photo-1.jpg

From this Thread: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2287-hand-guards-2.html

I will get Rox 2 inch risers. I need to know which ones to get. Here is the product from Amazon: Amazon.com: ROX SPEED FX, INC. ROX ELITE PIVOTING RISER 2" 1R-P2SE: Automotive
I just need to make sure I get the correct ones for my stock NC700X bars. Can anyone point me to the correct ones? These are for either 7/8in. bars or 1 1 /8in. taper bars, apparently, whatever that means. I just want to make sure I get the correct ones.

I also want to get a top rack of some sort. I've been looking at this bag: Garage Pro Garage Pro Universal Motorcycle Travel Trunks - JCWhitney

img_3r63M73q95L45Ga5Mbd6jed4f82c2b4da10c7.jpg

They are cheap and they have good reviews, all I need is a rack to put it on. I want to get one that does not require cutting, but keeps some kind of handlebars as I often carry my girlfriend around as the pillion. These are what I have looked at:

SW Motech - SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Honda NC700X, NC700S) for TraX ALU-BOX, Pelican, Shad, Givi / Kappa, Coocase & Soft Luggage - NC700X - Honda - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com
phpju8UaN.jpg

Honda top rack from ebay: Honda NC700X 12 13 Rear Carrier Cargo Rack Saddlebag Mount Brackets Kit New | eBay
$(KGrHqFHJE4FDcFqIJ04BRd-9KC0+!~~60_12.JPG

I will then supplement that with these: Nelson-Rigg SPRT-50 Spirit Black Touring Saddle Bag : Amazon.com : Automotive

or these: Classic Accessories MotoGear 73707 Motorcycle Saddle Bags : Amazon.com : Automotive

If I can get some input on these ASAP, it would help, as I have a trip to go on, 8/16, and it will be to camp out in Ohio.

Attachments

• spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 297
Can’t comment on the hand guards though I’m leaning toward getting the ones you listed.

Those look like the same risers I have except I got black. NC handlebars are 7/8” so as long as it says 7/8” it should work.

For topbox/trunk you may want to look at bestemusa.com. I have the T-Box 929 with LED running/brake lights mounted on the SW-Motech Alu-Rack. The T-Box 929 without LEDs is about the same price and larger than the one you listed. I did drill new holes in the Bestem box mounting plate to get it positioned where I wanted it on the rack.

For the Risers I went with the, Rox Speed FX Pivot Handlebar Riser 2" Black 1R-P2SS, they are for the 7/8" bars and the black on black was my preference . Amazon had the best price at the time.

So, another update. I have 7000 miles on the bike so far, and I have yet to take it for many trips, so almost all of those miles are very hard, NYC miles. I ride the bike very, very aggressively, going close to redline a lot, dealing with all kinds of bumps and holes and road hazards found on the rather horrible streets of NYC. The only issue so far was a weird squeak, but more frequent chain lubing took care of that.

I had added two accessories to the bike. One was the AC adapter in the trunk, and the other was the heated grips. Grips still work, but I haven't needed them since it is summer, but the AC adapter blew a fuse, and to get to it I would have to take a lot of the plastics off the bike. I could take it to the dealer, but I have not had time, and they want half a day to get it done.

My other mod, the CalSci windshield, suffered from crappy mounting system, so I fitted it with better mounting. It started to crack a bit with the rubber mounts, and it continues to crack with time. I will soon have to replace it, but I don't want to spend a fortunre. I am only 5'8, with a 30 inch inseam, and I want the wind to go over my helmet, not have the turbulent air hit the top of it as it does with the CalSci. I was looking at the Cee Baileys 22 inch or the madstad (madstad would work, but $$$). I'm leaning more to the madstad solution.

As for my next mod, I have ordered the givi crash bars. They were a bit cheaper than the other ones, and I liked the way they looked better. Simple as that. I will also be getting hand guards TRACKSIDE - Aluminum Handguard Kit with Shields - Hand Guards - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear. What do you guys think about those? You can see them mounted here:
3415d1365130767-hand-guards-photo-1.jpg

From this Thread: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2287-hand-guards-2.html

I will get Rox 2 inch risers. I need to know which ones to get. Here is the product from Amazon: Amazon.com: ROX SPEED FX, INC. ROX ELITE PIVOTING RISER 2" 1R-P2SE: Automotive
I just need to make sure I get the correct ones for my stock NC700X bars. Can anyone point me to the correct ones? These are for either 7/8in. bars or 1 1 /8in. taper bars, apparently, whatever that means. I just want to make sure I get the correct ones.

I also want to get a top rack of some sort. I've been looking at this bag: Garage Pro Garage Pro Universal Motorcycle Travel Trunks - JCWhitney

View attachment 7143

They are cheap and they have good reviews, all I need is a rack to put it on. I want to get one that does not require cutting, but keeps some kind of handlebars as I often carry my girlfriend around as the pillion. These are what I have looked at:

SW Motech - SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Honda NC700X, NC700S) for TraX ALU-BOX, Pelican, Shad, Givi / Kappa, Coocase & Soft Luggage - NC700X - Honda - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com
View attachment 7142

Honda top rack from ebay: Honda NC700X 12 13 Rear Carrier Cargo Rack Saddlebag Mount Brackets Kit New | eBay
View attachment 7147

I will then supplement that with these: Nelson-Rigg SPRT-50 Spirit Black Touring Saddle Bag : Amazon.com : Automotive

or these: Classic Accessories MotoGear 73707 Motorcycle Saddle Bags : Amazon.com : Automotive

If I can get some input on these ASAP, it would help, as I have a trip to go on, 8/16, and it will be to camp out in Ohio.

I have had the JC Whitney case. It won't last in the long run. I had to replace mine with Givi after 3 or 4 years. If you can't afford Givi it will work until you can, just baby it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Anyone know where I can order the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack? It seems to be out of stock at Twisted throttle. I also want to know where I should get my Givi crash bars.

As far as the JC bags, I will be mostly gentle, and I do plan to modify the mounting plate to make it stronger.

Thumper and Bamamate, thanks for the info and suggestion, I will look at the other luggage, and I will order the correct risers now :)

Anyone know where I can order the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack? It seems to be out of stock at Twisted throttle. I also want to know where I should get my Givi crash bars.

As far as the JC bags, I will be mostly gentle, and I do plan to modify the mounting plate to make it stronger.

Thumper and Bamamate, thanks for the info and suggestion, I will look at the other luggage, and I will order the correct risers now :)

by motorbike or scooter - Honda - NC 700 X - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

by motorbike or scooter - Honda - NC 700 X - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

Back