• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Glad I got my NC.........

Jarvis

Reaction score
Visit site
Gas prices expected to surge again soon

Gary Strauss, USA TODAY 2:51 p.m. EDT July 11, 2013

Unrest in Egypt, declining U.S. inventories driving wholesale prices up, pump prices will soon follow

I spend about $40 a month on gas for the bike.....sweet music to my bank acct.:)

Glad I bought the NC but for a different reason. Yes, I like the gas mileage (less likely to run low at an inconvenient place) but for me, not being much of a do-it-yourself maintenance person anymore, I like the discussion in the "Where's da bugs" thread about the bike being pretty much a get on and ride machine. Long maintenance intervals so even a pricey oil change at the shop is not too hard to take. And, as one of the reviews said and from what I read on this forum, it is pretty much the "swiss army knife of bikes" so will do just about anything this rider could want.

I'm surprised they didn't cite the main reason was Google going offline for a few moments yesterday.

Or maybe this? :Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In all seriousness, I'm glad I didn't sell my PCX 125cc scooter. goes 60mph, and gets 95mpg @ 50mph. AND the seat is more comfy than my NC700X

I use the X as a weekend warrior type. I don't ride it during the week. I commute to work on the PCX, I go pick up local shopping on the scooter too!

Last edited:
Glad I bought the NC but for a different reason. Yes, I like the gas mileage (less likely to run low at an inconvenient place) but for me, not being much of a do-it-yourself maintenance person anymore, I like the discussion in the "Where's da bugs" thread about the bike being pretty much a get on and ride machine. Long maintenance intervals so even a pricey oil change at the shop is not too hard to take. And, as one of the reviews said and from what I read on this forum, it is pretty much the "swiss army knife of bikes" so will do just about anything this rider could want.

I will second that. The NCX is the do it all and is slowing becoming my main mode of transportation. I almost never drive anymore, except on weekends when I am out with the family. Plus the fuel economy is just an icing on the cake! $40 a month to get me everywhere I go.

We spent about $160 a month on the wife's commuter/family car so not having to drop another $200 on gas on top of that is very well appreciated. Not to mention getting to work and home quicker (with HOV). Since gas will only get more and more expensive in the future, we are considering going full electric for our 2nd car (the NCX is currently our 2nd vehicle). Test drove the Leaf the other day and we both walked away impressed.

What??? Unrest in the Middle East? Gas prices going up?
There is always unrest in the Middle East. There will ALWAYS be unrest in the Middle East.
Every since Hurricane Katrina, they found out that they can use ANY excuse at ANY time to increase gas prices.
They use FEAR to take advantage of us.

To combat the higher fuel prices, my husband commutes on his bike. His Avalon gets 22 mpg and his K1200LT get 45-50 mpg.
Cuts his gas bill in half. If he commuted on an NC, he could save even more. I usually get 70-78 mpg on mine.
But, I'm not about to let him ride my bike every day.

:rolleyes:

In my time on this earth gas prices have always only gone one way, and that is up, up and away. I remember sitting on my motorcycle in the gas lines during Richard Nixon days, having the kickstand sink into the hot melting asphalt, falling over backwards, and putting a perfect impression of my elbow into the aluminum fender Alfa setting next to me in line. I can remember my uncle saying "those gas companies are not going to be happy to they get a full $1 per gallon!" I lived though it then, and we'll live though it now. So, just don't worry about things you just can't do nothing about anyway. Just get on, twist the throttle, and ride, and ride and ride.

In my time on this earth gas prices have always only gone one way, and that is up, up and away. I remember sitting on my motorcycle in the gas lines during Richard Nixon days, having the kickstand sink into the hot melting asphalt, falling over backwards, and putting a perfect impression of my elbow into the aluminum fender Alfa setting next to me in line. I can remember my uncle saying "those gas companies are not going to be happy to they get a full $1 per gallon!" I lived though it then, and we'll live though it now. So, just don't worry about things you just can't do nothing about anyway. Just get on, twist the throttle, and ride, and ride and ride.

With an attitude like that, your next forum nickname will be Really Really Old Can Ride!

Mike - hope someday to ride a motorcycle with a magnetic surge engine. I have seen on youtube that in japan there are a few scooters with magnetic surge motors. Have you seen one yet?

Mike - hope someday to ride a motorcycle with a magnetic surge engine. I have seen on youtube that in japan there are a few scooters with magnetic surge motors. Have you seen one yet?

You mean where you duct tape a big Wile Coyote U-shaped magnet to your handlebars and let passing trucks pull you along? 'Cause if that ain't it, I've never heard of it.

Attached a video of the magnetic surge motorcycle. The motor is in the wheel.

[video=youtube;Hs4GXH5Q3Rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs4GXH5Q3Rk[/video]

A hub center motor is not a "magnetic surge" motor. Magnetic surge motors are free energy hocus pocus that don't work in the real world.

As for why hub centered motors in motorcycles and cars for that matter are a bad idea, unsprung weight. It makes handling really really bad. Try putting about 20 pounds of wheel weights to your wheels and then try riding your motorcycle, you'll quickly notice how terrible the suspension reacts to bumps and how difficult it will be to initiate turns and transition back and forth due to excess gyroscopic precession.

It's one thing to ride around smooth parking lots, another when you take it out onto the roads and need to rely on the handling.

I have seen this technology for ships, it can also be used to produce electricity.

here is one company, there are many even do it your self companies

there not exactly free you have to use some energy to multiply your energy

Magnetic Generator To Power Your Home - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
The great fuel economy of a motorcycle vs an automobile is significantly offset by the high per-mile cost of the relatively short lived tires. About 12 years ago I figured my bike at the time, an ST1100, cost as much per mile to replace the rubber as it did to buy the fuel. I should rerun those numbers for the NC and compare.

Greg

The great fuel economy of a motorcycle vs an automobile is significantly offset by the high per-mile cost of the relatively short lived tires. About 12 years ago I figured my bike at the time, an ST1100, cost as much per mile to replace the rubber as it did to buy the fuel. I should rerun those numbers for the NC and compare.

Greg

Agreed. That is why I'm researching the longest lasting motorcycle tire. I'm not a racer, I don't canyon ride here in Illinos. I need a tire that will last. Too bad the michelin commander tire does not come in our size.

the longest lasting tire, sounds like someone is looking to go over to the dark side

I was getting 40k miles out of my rear tires and they still looked good, and where in the safe zone when i changed them out.

Back