• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi E22N tips

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
Got mine the other day together with all the brackets from revzilla. less than $500 for the lot.

a couple of things.

1) the bag brackets themselves can be bolted to the inside of the smaller brackets that hang off the grab rail bolts. This pulls the bags in 1/4" each side. The instructions were not clear on this. 1.5" overall narrower width is significant.
2) When trying to latch the bags on the brackets, you do not use the key, stand on the opposite side of the bike, with the lid open, using two hands, squeeze the bag wall and its latch onto the brackets tongue. It appears to be the easiest, most reliable and least damaging way to do it.

The E22N's are not super quality, but they are light, much lighter than the trekkers. For a "light" bike like the NC, it only makes sense.

Last edited:
I'll have to check out the brackets.... I can't remember how I mounted mine.

As to their toughness, I've been impressed. They're not heavy duty by any means, and I'm sure if you took a fall onto them they'd break.... That said, I've had mine way overloaded with tools and camping equipment on horribly rough forest service trails (I tend to get lost...). Some of these trails are bad to the point where I've expected them to break right at the mounts and leave me in a bad situation but, knock on wood they just keep on trucking. Good little cases, can't beat the price.

road.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

If they ever do break I'll probably replace them with something more rugged but, so far so good :cool:

trey

On the first ride I took after mounting my E22Ns I dropped the bike on asphalt, one corner of the right case and the handlebar end taking the full force of the impact. Made me ill. But, that case held up amazingly well. No cracks, just some scuff marks on the front edge that aren't even noticeable without looking closely. Great cases.

These are great little panniers. I have my set for years (older version) . They have been on all my bikes both big and small. I have larger panniers (Trekers) but I only use them for long trips two up with my Wife on the Triumph. Imho the Trekers are far too heavy and un-aerodynamic for a low powered bike like the NC. However when solo on the NC or the Triumph I always use the smaller bags. They have little affect on the NC fuel consumption. If one has Givi racks or their equivalent on their bike, then I suggest that these are a good investment for general use. Mine are on the bike more or less permanently unless I swap them over to the T for a weekend.

These are tougher than they look but do scratch easy. I applied an RC car chassis protector on the front of the right pannier as i was scratching it with my boot when getting off of the bike.

Also I keep some thin bubble wrap envelopes to keep things from sliding around and scratching inside - such as my GPS with ram mount stays in one envelope. I think these take up less space than actually lining the thing with foam - plus im lazy

Back