• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Backrest for OEM Topcase?

I'm not answering your question directly but I ended up getting a Kappa case (affiliated with Givi) and have been quite happy with it. This web page, Monolock Cases : K35N - MONOLOCK CASE 35ltr, will show you a 35L top box and near the bottom shows you the optional backpad. A picture of it mounted on my bike (I do not have the backpad) can be seen here: Top Case - Honda NC700 Photo Gallery.

I had Givi products on previous bikes and have been happy with them. Kappa is their alternate line that is priced cheaper and the Kappa case has been solid so far.

I bet if you measure yours you could find something close.I looked at that web sight but not all showed measurements.I don't have a top box so I probley can't help much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've wondered the same thing. I still don't know whether (or which) Givi back pad would fit and work well.

FWIW, Honda USA called me earlier this year to tell me that (finally!) the OEM pads for the N. American market were in production, and that around summer they'd be available through dealers. I'd called before and asked them about those pads. Maybe even more than once. ;)

Just measured mine for the TRK52N it is 10 1/4 in x 5 1/2 it's hard to measure depth due to how it is cured to fit the top case.

I just received my OEM backpad for my OEM topcase. Haven't had a chance to see how it installs yet so I can't give a review.

Just a caution for those considering back pads on the trunk: It may take up too much room that the passenger needs to lean back and/or not be wedged between you and the case. Proper ATGATT riding gear should include a back pad in the jacket, so most cases are not uncomfortable to lean up against for a passenger.

I say all that without actual experience on the NC700 because although I have the NC700 OEM trunk, my wife is the primary rider and never takes a passenger. But I used to take my wife as passenger on my FJR1300 all the time for long trips and she was very comfortable leaning up against the trunk without a pad installed on it. She, of course, has a back pad inside her Kilimanjero (sp?) jacket. I actually have the OEM trunk pad that I never installed because there was already not enough room for her and installing the pad would have made it worse.

Harald, would you be interested in getting rid of that OEM back pad? Would you be willing to measure it & post dimensions for us?

Where did you get your oem backpad I have been looking for one and they were only offered over seas...
They've been in the American-market Honda Accessories catalog since at least 2013, they just haven't been order-able in our market until very recently.

Last edited:
Harald, would you be interested in getting rid of that OEM back pad? Would you be willing to measure it & post dimensions for us?

They've been in the American-market Honda Accessories catalog since at least 2013, they just haven't been order-able in our market until very recently.

To clarify: the OEM pad I have is for the FJR1300 and probably won't fit on the NC700 trunk. :(

Gotcha; thanks.

Tried to order the OEM pad from a local dealer this week. They said American Honda doesn't have them available to order yet. I didn't bother to tell them of the members here who have recently ordered and received them. :)
I did subsequently find the part number in the accessories catalog, and then proceeded to find the item on the dealer's website. It isn't worth ~$90 to me at this point.

MZ5 - can you share the part number. I haven't been able to find it and wanting to get an OEM back pad for my top case for wife comfort.

I don't recall it, and I'm away from home (and a 'regular' computer). However, the p/n is listed in the Honda Accessories catalog, which you can open or download from the Honda Powersports website at powersports.honda.com

I looked there but under the nc700x at least I'm unable to find anything related to a back rest.

Back