• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Giant Loop moto Bushwhackers hand guards

TomInOregon

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's been cold enough in the mornings lately that I finally put on my Giant Loop moto Bushwhackers handguards. They are a thin piece of plastic that goes over the Barkbusters and dramatically cuts down the amount of wind and rain that reach your hands. The Barkbusters alone weren't quite up to the job, but I can highly recommend these! They took about 5 minutes to put on and can be removed at any time.20140917_164356.jpg20140917_164342.jpg

Attachments

• 20140917_164351.jpg
    20140917_164351.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 787
I have some similar to not exactly like those. I put them on my scooter last year to go winter camping. Was going down the interstate maybe 5 miles when I realized I couldn't go over 55 wide open throttle. The wind was pushing them against the front brakes! I still have them -they are really for snow mobiles.
Ooooops! There goes your mileage!

It doesn't seem to have changed my mileage at all, but my hands and forearms up to about my elbow are in complete dead air. There is no chill, rain or air movement at all until my elbows, then it's the same as before. There also doesn't seem to be much air on my torso at all, either. Pretty much just my lower legs from the knee down, upper arms and shoulders and the top of my head get moving air, otherwise I'm pretty much sheltered from the wind. I can wear my elkskin summer gloves at 34 degrees and light rain with the grip heaters on low without being cold or getting wet. Oh, and they took me about 5 minutes to put on, but now that I have done it and see where to put the straps, I could take them on or off in probably 30 seconds if the weather turns hot.

Last edited:
I have some similar to not exactly like those. I put them on my scooter last year to go winter camping. Was going down the interstate maybe 5 miles when I realized I couldn't go over 55 wide open throttle. The wind was pushing them against the front brakes! I still have them -they are really for snow mobiles.
Ooooops! There goes your mileage!
Yeah, these are best used along with Barkbusters to prevent just that sort of thing!

Back