• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Getting ready to travel ... What do I need?!

yeah, i use the cable and small lock when i want to take off the jacket and keep it on the bike

for stand support i found this in my garage-

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/042269/042269654006lg.jpg

electric box cover(metal). works for me :)

A sense of "wonder where that road goes" so I don't get locked into a set itinerary and miss the best road or restaurant on the trip.

Thanks for all the inputs, I am reading And compiling it all, tomorrow is hopefully risers, highway pegs, frunk key, (is our key anything i need special, i think Walmart should have it?)and fixing the windshield problem I've been having.

The key is not chipped on U.S. bikes so nothing special about it. From another thread the blank is a HD109. So far the couple of places I've checked haven't had it in stock but others have had no problems finding it.

1. Don't ride when sleepy or tired
2. Don't drink and ride
3. Don't assume all the drivers can see you
4. Don't speed, speed limits are there not just to irritate you
5. Don't forget to take photos and enjoy the journey
6. Don't forget to drink lots of water and relieve yourself often (best feeling money can't buy)
7. Don't forget to wear all protections at all times
8. Don't ride til tank is totally dry
9. Don't take these comments as negatives....

Have fun!
:p

1. Don't ride when sleepy or tired
2. Don't drink and ride
3. Don't assume all the drivers can see you
4. Don't speed, speed limits are there not just to irritate you
5. Don't forget to take photos and enjoy the journey
6. Don't forget to drink lots of water and relieve yourself often (best feeling money can't buy)
7. Don't forget to wear all protections at all times
8. Don't ride til tank is totally dry
9. Don't take these comments as negatives....

Have fun!
:p
2.jpg
All you really need is gas. Twist the throttle and ride and ride and ride and ride a little more.
Any thing else that the elements tell you is needed, buy while in route (lighter that way).

smileygas.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back