• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

getting my bike through the winter

mike5100

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm bored and stuck around the house at the moment, so decided to do a comparison between ACF50 and FS365 and see if I could make a video entirely on my iphone.
Here y'go
Mike
[video=youtube;PuzkDuNKLqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuzkDuNKLqg[/video]

Sound and video quality is very good. Did you balance the iphone on a chair or something? You did a good job of getting yourself in the center of the video. Subject matter is interesting, I use ArmorAll but don't know how it would compare. Good job.

Good video, especially for just using a phone.

I like the idea of soaking a cloth and wiping on the product. Seems a more empirical experiment would be to use the same application method for both.

Good video, especially for just using a phone.

I like the idea of soaking a cloth and wiping on the product. Seems a more empirical experiment would be to use the same application method for both.

Yeah I thought about that too, GN but I don't think the FS365 would work on a cloth as the water in the emulsion would simply soak into the cloth whilst the oil would transfer to the bike (I think). The clever idea in the FS365 is to make a permanent micro emulsion that manages to get a very even coating of same-sized droplets of mineral oil next to each other separated by water droplets. The water evaporates and the oil droplets spread out to join up. At least that's my assumption. Another way of looking at it would be to simply soak the cloth in light mineral oil and wipe that on ...... actually that's not a bad idea, maybe that should be one of the tests?
Mike

Sound and video quality is very good. Did you balance the iphone on a chair or something? You did a good job of getting yourself in the center of the video. Subject matter is interesting, I use ArmorAll but don't know how it would compare. Good job.

The sound quality is staggering isn't it, considering I paid no attention to it. Sometimes I was behind the mic when I was speaking sometimes above it and sometimes in front where you would expect, and all at different distances.
At first I got me centred mainly by luck and including a fair bit of background to be safe. Then I tried shooting using the front camera which I assumed would be a rubbish one, but I couldn't see any difference in the quailty of the clips and two of them are taken like that. Finally I discovered the camera app on my Apple Watch. This allows you to see on your wrist exactly what the camera is filming and to set it going and stop it.

The camera clamp is the end of a selfie stick (which broke), and the little tripod is one of these:
Mike
Oh yeah and the quaiity you are seeing on Youtube is one level down from how the film is finished (720 rather than 1080) just so it takes up less room on Youtube and streams faster.
5-in-1-Gorilla-Grip-Camera-Tripod-Flexible-Legs-Mini-Tripods-Extended-Leg-Universal-Clip-Mount.jpg

Last edited:
Back