• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garage Pro Trunk

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone used one of THESE for his/her NC700x?

What is the least expensive platform to attach this to? I'm considering making my own platform. I've looked at how GIVI attaches to the rider handles and that seems like a good starting place.

Attachments

• spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 593
There are 144 comments on this trunk on the link you pasted - did you see those? Just in case you missed it, not being snarky.

I would get the other one, the Large, not the medium. Garage Pro Universal Motorcycle Travel Trunks - JCWhitney

I don't know why, but the Large is $30 less than the Medium. You might do some checking to ensure what you'll be getting. The only negative I can see is the space taken up by the handle seems large. Those areas of the box to each side, contribute to the size in liters, but aren't really very useful.

Lastly, the Large, isn't all that much larger in dimensions, but you'll know it when you try stuffing things inside it.

Another you might wish to consider is the Bestem 929. It has a good reputation for holding up and is a good size. Bestem T-Box 929 with Built-in LED Running and Brake Light Kit The more comparable model without the LED lights is this one for $80. Bestem Quick Release T-Box 929 Top Box, Flat Black

Chris

Last edited:
I used the large version of the Garage Pro for 4+ years, 45k+ miles. Worked great, no complaints. Water tight, lock and hinge mechanism held up fine to my daily abuse.

The mounting plate is *almost* the same as Givi. I had a metal rack on my last bike that I slightly moved (~5mm) the mounting pins in or out (can't remember) by elongating the holes a bit and it snapped right into the Givi base.

67-4.JPG

trey

Last edited:
I have one on my scooter. It works very well, but I had two negatives. The mounting plate allowed the trunk to bounce around a little, which was solved by using a thicker rubber bumper on the mount. The other issue was a strong odor coming off the plastic. I don't notice it just walking by the scooter, but when I open the trunk there is a pretty serious unpleasant plastic smell. This might just be my particular trunk however.

Bob

Back