• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuse block or fuse holders?

QuinnSea

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I bought several accessories to add onto the bike including a fuse block to power them. However, I am stumped where to mount it. I don’t like the idea of mounting it on the air filter box and I’d like to keep it out of the frunk. I am thinking of purchasing four waterproof marine fuse holders and locate them in the area just above the battery compartment and forego the fuse block. If anyone has any pictures of their fuse block mounting location I would appreciate you posting them.

Thanks

Get 3M Dual Lock SJ3541 tape fastener. It will mount the fuse box anywhere you want, anit will stay there for ever.

Ebay: 3M Dual Lock SJ3541 tape fastener 1" wide and 3" long (2strips) FastTrak | eBay

I bought a 2" wide strip of 3M hook & loop tape. I used a 3" strip and a 6" strip on the inside of the frunk lid to mount a push-button puck light and a Maxpedition pistol magazine holder. The hook & loop part holds very very well, but the adhesive disappointed me. It must get hot in there, because neither would stay stuck to the lid.

I’d like to keep it out of the frunk.
I mounted my 30 Amp, 5 circuit fuse block just above the battery with velcro. Takes up zero space in the frunk and you don't have to worry about smacking it when loading or unloading anything since it is well, covered by the battery cover.

No issues in the last 30,000 miles or so. If you go that route, make sure you get a small block, there isn't much room (depth) behind the battery cover.

I bought mine a couple of years ago and have no idea where I got it.

I am thinking of purchasing four waterproof marine fuse holders and locate them in the area just above the battery compartment and forego the fuse block.

Don't your electronic accessories already have fuses? If so, what would the purpose be of adding a second inline fuse?

Last edited:
Thank you for all the replies!

I'll explain a bit more in detail. I'm installing 2ea 12V outlets, a two port USB outlet, Denali DM Micro LED Driving Lights (mounted to the front fender), Denali SoundBomb Horn all connected to Bosch relays so when the bike is off, so is everything else. I plan on using the normally closed contact on the Bosch relay to connect a SAE pigtail so I can charge the battery when the bike is off. I noticed that the compartment above the factory fuse box is open and was concerned mounting a fuse block there would get wet and corrode, that is why I was suggesting the marine grade inline fuse holders. After taking off all the plastics, I did not want to mount anything to them for ease of service so they can be removed without any gymnastics of removing electrical devices mounted to them. I also wanted to avoid a rats nest of cables all connected directly to the battery.

Maybe I am just over pontificating this project...

Lastly, I learned all this from the site, what a great resource!

I added some pics below of the fuse block I purchased and the marine fuse holders, any additional suggestions are appreciated. I'd like to finish this up this weekend as we're in for a 50 degree heatwave!

Marine fuse holders with Bosch relay mounted.
Fuse_Close.JPG

Wider view of the area
Fuse_Holders.jpg

Fuse box top view
Fuse_Top.jpg

Fuse box side view (note the mounts)
Fuse_side.JPG

The project is finished. I figured I'd post up what I did for anyone else looking for idea's about fuse and relay mounting locations.

Here is the connection for the bosch accessory relay to the sub-harness with the 110 connector another member posted (sorry can't remember who as I bookmarked it)
Motorcycle 2.8mm - 110 Connector and Terminals

AssyHarness.JPG

Accessory relay for all devices except horn mounted on left side coil bolt.
AssyRely.jpg

Denali control relay for the fender running lights mounted under our comfy seat.
DENALI DM Micro Single Intensity LED Lighting Kit with Full Wiring Harness & M8 Mount | TwistedThrottle.com

DeniliRelay.jpg

Horn relay mounted to the right side coil bolt.
HornRely.JPG

Picture of fuses while Tupperware is off. The two fuses just to the left of the factory fuse block is the 30A main for all accessories and the other is just for the Soundbomb horn
The fuses mounted above the battery compartment are for the 2ea 12v cigarette outlets, USB power, SAE charger cable, Denali lights and a spare for future heated gear.
I wanted everything waterproof. The marine fuse holders used are herehttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZIUA62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
All the joints are soldered with marine sealing shrink tubing. All the individual wires were run in braided cable sleeve.

OpenFuse.jpg

Sound Bomb and SAE charging cable mounted
SoundB.JPG

12V and USB outlets with Denali switch mounted.
Outlets.JPG

Tupperware back on.
Finished.jpg

Ready to ride!
IMG_6739.jpg

Last edited:
Back