• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Full Throttle Clunk

whitey2001

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried looking around, but didn't see anything exactly like what I am experiencing.

I have the DCT and when I accelerate WOT, the transmission seems to hesitate and then I feel a hard 'thunk' before the tranny takes hold and the bike accelerates.

2012 NC700XD, oil is fine, ~5K miles, chain is properly lubed and not too loose or tight.

FSM troubleshooting points to clutch clearance, but that seems excessive at 5k miles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

I would take it to our dealer ship, see is they can reproduce the issue, then have them check for falt codes, and maybe a bad ops sensor? but that can all be checked by them. Dale

I tried looking around, but didn't see anything exactly like what I am experiencing.

I have the DCT and when I accelerate WOT, the transmission seems to hesitate and then I feel a hard 'thunk' before the tranny takes hold and the bike accelerates.

2012 NC700XD, oil is fine, ~5K miles, chain is properly lubed and not too loose or tight.

FSM troubleshooting points to clutch clearance, but that seems excessive at 5k miles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason,
When I am poking along and go WOT my engine starts to rev up and after a second or so the transmission downshifts. Acts about like a car with auto transmission.

Charles

Back