• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Full Fairing added (pictures)

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I added more wind protection to my existing home made fairings.
The additions come off/on easily (as does the fairings themselves) and cost very little.

Disclaimer:
This is purely red-neck engineering. It's not stylish, hip, cool... and anything like that!

(pictures)

Front
addonF.jpg

Left
addonL.jpg

Right
addonR.jpg

The footbegs (up or down) brace the panels, and both footpegs are still fully usable as the panels will flex out of the way.

If this is not your sort of thing.... at least it's mildly entertaining...

Last edited:
Maybe you could post or actually repost older pics so I could see the evolution of the fairing to the present. I remember when you started working it but without comparison I can't see anything different from before.

Maybe you could post or actually repost older pics so I could see the evolution of the fairing to the present. I remember when you started working it but without comparison I can't see anything different from before.

OK... I'll take off the shin and foot guards and take the same photo from the front.

Here's what it looks like the just the triangular fairings....keeps the wind off your knees but not your feet.

More pictures found [HERE].

frontnoaddons.jpg

They are creased under the Honda logo and angled back (aerodynamic)
.. that was the best change from the flat version 1 ... hard to photograph.
(Note: the left hand guard is off because I'm working on it.)

Last edited:
I'll bet that just how Craig Vetter started his business back in the day.

image.jpg

Nothing at all wrong with backyard invention and fabbing what you want. I think the world would be a better place if more people happily puttered away dreaming up neat little things to make and experiment with. :D

P.S. I removed the leg guards after only one ride.

The "ugly" it caused wasn't worth the effect. (and for me that's sayin' something!)

I spent the afternoon re-doing the triangular guards that protect my knees. I've been very pleased with how those look and what they do!

Both are now symmetrical and made out of two panels of plastic and not three.

I'll attach the "winged Honda" logos again tomorrow... those are separate pieces because I knew I'd recover both sides eventually.

Edit: the ride I went on was through very cold, dark, roads. No street lights of any kind, and
the $23 mounted aux. lights were just wonderful. Wouldn't go back to not having them after using them on dark roads.

Last edited:
Because it's too warm or too cold in California ?????????:):):):):confused::confused::confused::confused:

Certainly not as cold as WI!... but 40F in the morning is enough to make me want to protect my knees.
I took the vertical additons off (in case anyone missed that)

... the diamond shaped fairings on the side stay during cold weather.
I like the look of those, and I like what they do

Today, I'm making a spiffy looking license plate light:
- two white LCD strips
- one neatly folded piece of rubber maid trash can.

[photo here]

Attachments

• postfront.jpg
    postfront.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Strat, I see your bike has an actual seat. What kind did you get?

After Corbin behaved like the "Three Stooges" seat company, for a second time, I went back to Sargent.
I'm staying there.

Are there any aftermarket fairings for our bike? I got whacked in the knee on the highway last night by some sort of debris from an accident. Boy did that hurt! It made me start thinking about a fairing or highway bars or something.

Are there any aftermarket fairings for our bike? I got whacked in the knee on the highway last night by some sort of debris from an accident. Boy did that hurt! It made me start thinking about a fairing or highway bars or something.

I did search for NC700X before starting the project... couldn't find any then... Maybe that's changed. I can only imagine what real fiber glass fairings would cost.

I spent a day re-doing the home made ones. Each side is now two pieces: 1 large on the outside...generic... and a strip piece that contours to the bike.... you gotta fit that in place after the structure and big panels are attached.
If nothing else, it give me a place to attach a cup holder on the left side. (smile).

Back