• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Four DCT Bikes in the USA: NC700XD + CTX700D + Africa Twin DCT + The New VFR1200XD

They call them scooters and Honda (and many others) make a bunch of them with CVTs, absolutely no need for an expensive DCT beginner bike.
I don't know about that. I think the ABS version of the 300s and 500s adds just $300 to the base model and DCT and ABS adds $600 to the 700s. By all accounts the 300 and 500 ABS bikes are selling well for the small increase in price...for $300 more someone that never sat in a manual car or on a motorcycle could entertain the idea of buying and riding an automatic motorcycle. I think there is still some dividing line between motorcyclists and scooterists. Scooters offer ease of use, step-through designs, and generally huge storage capacity compared to motorcycles. I could be wrong though as I like having a small scooter in the corner and have a foot on either side of the line.

Last edited:
The least expensive DCT is about $8K when all said and done...My educated guess is that Honda would direct potential beginner riders that demand auto shifting and lighter weight to their already existing line of very capable scooters (all with CVTs) for thousands of dollars less. Why invest millions in another DCT model that parallels the mission of an existing product? Makes no sense to me, and apparently (so far) Honda.

BTW, when checking out the African Twin a couple of days ago at the local dealer he had a leftover Forza scooter for sale at a price about $2.5K less than the new NC DCT sitting further down the row.

300cc liquid cooled, 422 lbs, 3 gallon tank, auto CVT, 14" and 13" rims. I would lying a bit if I say I was at least a little bit tempted. I miss my Vespa sometimes ;-)

The least expensive DCT is about $8K when all said and done...My educated guess is that Honda would direct potential beginner riders that demand auto shifting and lighter weight to their already existing line of very capable scooters (all with CVTs) for thousands of dollars less. Why invest millions in another DCT model that parallels the mission of an existing product? Makes no sense to me, and apparently (so far) Honda.

BTW, when checking out the African Twin a couple of days ago at the local dealer he had a leftover Forza scooter for sale at a price about $2.5K less than the new NC DCT sitting further down the row.

300cc liquid cooled, 422 lbs, 3 gallon tank, auto CVT, 14" and 13" rims. I would lying a bit if I say I was at least a little bit tempted. I miss my Vespa sometimes ;-)
I'm tempted by the Forza and also the PCX150 but I suspect the folks that dream of riding a motorcycle if only they knew how aren't tempted so much by a step through scooter. Of course, I could be wrong. It won't be the first time.

I'm tempted by the Forza and also the PCX150 but I suspect the folks that dream of riding a motorcycle if only they knew how aren't tempted so much by a step through scooter. Of course, I could be wrong. It won't be the first time.

I was one of those 'folks' about 24 months ago, but the funny thing is,
even with minimal knowledge about motorcycles and scooters, I never
even considered scooters. Inherently, they do carry a 'not a motorcycle' stigma and I was right! (for once)
Even as DCTFAN if there was a scooter with DCT, I'd ignore it.

I spent a year delivering fast food on a Honda 50cc Spree scooter back in 1985, to fund my motorcycle racing budget.

It was both fun, and "never again" lol

page7-honda-spree-1984-2.jpg

Back