• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Forma Adventure Boots

Awesome. Thanks for the lookup. It’s been really difficult to get those numbers. Revzilla said there weren’t numbers associated with footwear, either it was or it wasn’t. So I called Forma USA and they didn’t have the info either. Said they would have to ask management. I imagine that the Adv Tourer would be the same as there isn’t too much functional difference between them and the cape horns.
They are CE certified to 2-2-2-2 WP, according to the tags in each boot

I find it SOOO frustrating that vendors and even the US distributors make no effort to write this stuff down, or get it from the european marketers of the clothing. Everything that is CE certified has to have a tag or label either on the item itself, or with it in the box.

There just seems to be a total lack of knowledge about the subject when you ask. Honestly though I looked at the Forma euro site and they didn’t have it either.

I find it SOOO frustrating that vendors and even the US distributors make no effort to write this stuff down, or get it from the european marketers of the clothing. Everything that is CE certified has to have a tag or label either on the item itself, or with it in the box.
To complicate things the manufacturers possibly willfully mislead people. Maybe they put CE Level 2 "approved" elbow/shoulder pads in a jacket but the jacket itself may not have ever been tested to any type of CE testing or certification. Some whole garments are certified, so seams are certified, etc. Sadly many garments are not but use "approved" bits and pieces then mislead us into a false sense of safety. Boots are no different. Maybe there are CE inserts to protect the ankle or shin, maybe there is one but not the other, maybe there are neither. So hard to tell what is actually being done and so easy to be misled.

Interesting article:

Some positive news is that all European gear must meet CE guidelines to be called protective starting this year I believe. We will like see prices go up but hopefully it will make things easier to pick decent gear.

Boots are no different. Maybe there are CE inserts to protect the ankle or shin, maybe there is one but not the other, maybe there are neither. So hard to tell what is actually being done and so easy to be misled.

I take your point, but actually boots _are_ kinda different. The testing that results in numerical values is all physical testing done on the complete boot (abrasion, cut, etc). Impact protection, if rated at all, has letter designators these days. The "WP" I listed above, for example, is a waterproof-ness test. This, too, is done on the finished boot, not a separable piece.

Again, I agree completely on the general shady nature of motorcycle clothing marketers. I have a bit more confidence in the boot testing. Now, whether the tests are adequate is a different question...
(-:

Seems to be the best time to buy boots is when they are discontinued. The price of the boots on clearance is often a lot less than list price. Finding your size can be the challenge.
That's how I found my first pair of Gore Tex Oxtar (now TCX) Matrix boots. They were $108 on closeout at Motorcycle Gear dot com when the Oxtar brand was bought out and the name changed to TCX. They lasted about 14 years before the zippers broke on both boots within a month of each other. After trying a half dozen different brands for size 12 boots via Cycle Gear dot com with a right boot that would fit through the right leg hole on my Aerostich suit, I found another pair of Matrix boots as a Buy It Now on Ebay in almost new condition for $60 shipped. This latest pair is actually a couple of years older than my first pair.

An update on the Forma ADV Touerer boots. Forma sent me the spec sheet and they are fully CE 2 rated. I’m not sure if they are still the ones I want, but they are at least somewhat protective.

Reactions: MZ5
I just ordered the Forma Adventure Low boots. I got the low because I have a couple pairs of different riding pants that I have fitted the Rukka D30 knee/shin protectors into, tall boots interfere with them, plus I don't think I will be off road in these boots much if at all. I will let you know what I think of them.

I just ordered the Forma Boulder boots. After I have some time with them I’m going to post a review.

Meanwhile I ordered a pair of Sidi boots last week that are on back order and probably will arrive in May o_O

Hi everyone! Some really cool options on here, thanks. I haven't bought a pair of shoes for a while because I tried to stay at home as much as possible during the pandemic. Now that I've recently received my third jab and things are getting better, it's time to do some shopping! Out of your suggestions, I particularly like the Forma ADV Tourer one. It looks sick! I just hope it's not too expensive, as I'm saving up for a brand new pair of adidas yeezy boost 350 as a birthday present for my son. Children always come first! Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Some really cool options on here, thanks. I haven't bought a pair of shoes for a while because I tried to stay at home as much as possible during the pandemic. Now that I've recently received my third jab and things are getting better, it's time to do some shopping! Out of your suggestions, I particularly like the Forma ADV Tourer one. It looks sick! Cheers.
The ADV tourers are nice, but for a little extra money I think the Cape Horn boots by forms are objectively better. Or take a look at the boulder boots if waterproofing isn’t a concern.

My touring boots are a Daytona road star, a fantastic boot. For gravel etc. I have been wearing Alpinestars Corozals. I recently decided to upgrade the protection and ordered some Gaerne fastback enduros, which are a mid level motocross boot.

I have the Alpinestars equivalent and love them; and, would have to likely adjust the shifter (I had to adjust on my CRF250l; my NC is a DCT so no bother there). And, much much better than work boots b/c the Alpinestars have a cup at the ankle bone and are higher up and more protected of the shin. I dropped the CRF250l in mud once and it fell on leg; no pain, but was stuck under the bike and I have to move it off. My foot and leg was fine; a typical work boot would not have left me in as nonplussed a state.

Back