• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Floorboards on Ebay - LOL

vomit-boy03-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-.gif

A swing and a miss. Strike one. I actually have the lowered footpegs that Thurn makes and they are quite nice. I expect that these monstrosities are very well made.

Those floor boards, a cup holder, and a large aftermarket cowl containing speakers and a radio = NC700LR aka Lazy Rider. I think little wider foot peg might not be so bad though. I feel like now I am just being a sissy.

I think functional parts look good, especially on this bike. The NC is the Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. Very functional and designed to do a number of different things well. I ordered hand guards today and plan on putting a bigger windshield on it soon, not for looks but for comfort. I am taking all the bikes I've had in the past and putting the best of them together on this one machine. Floorboards, not so much, but I am with you on the seat. Thinking about one of the gel pads like I had on my ST.

Hey Beemer, we can attach very easy a set of these to our Givi bars:

0258_1_0258.jpg

LOL

Lol.. I posted these in the passenger footrest thread about 10 mins before you. We must be addicted to combing eBay for new things to farkle! Haha

I actually like the idea. A couple times now I have held my feet out wishing I had something out there. I scrape my feet on the asphalt as it is sometimes, so lowered pegs are a no go for me.

I am not a fan of highway pegs. In fact, I can make a stronger statement: No, never mind.

On a long trip when I get cramped, I stand up. Any time I go through a small town or traffic speeds drop below about 50 mph, I am off the seat - at least with this bugger. Even on my heated leather Russell I am off the seat when I can on 800-1000 mile days. Avoiding interstate highways as I do, there is always an occasional slow spell that I can stand up and dirt bike it. So far, I haven't had a local donut-grabber try to write me for stunting.

Do the lower footpegs help much with leg room?
How do they effect the relationship with the back brake pedal?

Just under an inch of lowering. Between that an the inch I got with a seat pad, it made a significant comfort difference. The pegs have tapered ends and no feeler bolts, so the net reduction in cornering clearance is minimal. I haven't noticed it. The brake and shift had to be adjusted, but there was plenty of adjustment range to get them right.

ETA (11 Oct 2011): Be sure to re-adjust the brake light switch if you adjust the pedal. Otherwise the brake light is "on" all the time. DAMHIK, or how long it took me to figure this out. I am an idiot.

Last edited:
Years ago I would have laughed off the thought of highway pegs on a sport/touring bike. But, one of our riding buddies has them on his FJR and loves them, despite our dirty looks ;)

Now, floorboards on a sport bike?? Although I love the enormous floorboards on my Victory, I would have to say NO!! :D

Back