• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First Tank MPG

I just installed the ram mount for my evo, I use dual sport maps app. It has an odometer feature in it.

I take it you're a new rider and I DO NOT want you to try anything beyond your skill level but I'd sure like to know how that bike does on a trip over Montezuma Pass to Parker Canyon Lake and back.

Don't worry, I don't plan on riding that road for quite a while. I took the paved road when I rode up to Parker Canyon.

How do you guys measure the mpg? Do you ride until it ran out of gas? I am at 68mpg or 29kml now and not sure I still want to push the envelope...

I fill mine until I can't get anymore fuel into the tank. Then divide the miles by the amount of fuel I added.
I don't run mine out of fuel.
I check Odometer,Trip-A and GPS readings. So I get three different readings every fill-up.

My last tank got Trip A- 211.3 / 3.072 = 68.78 mpg
Odometer- 1,445 – 1,233 = 212 /3.072 = 69.01 mpg
GPS- 208 / 3.072 = 67.70 mpg

I trust the GPS reading the most, but use the odometer on fuelly.

Last edited:
Check this out. Finally got the Ride-on thingy installed.
IMG_0556.jpgIMG_0557.jpgIMG_0558.jpgIMG_0561.jpgIMG_0562.jpg

The TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor) is a good investment I think. IT also comes with 1-year road side assistance.

I still wish Honda had filled in the huge blank space between the rear seat and the tire with just a little more tank capacity. It would hardly affect the appearance of the bike. A long distance ride in Canada and the Yukon could test the fuel endurance of this bike.

I've had my NCX all of a week and commuted every day. Over 440ish miles I've averaged 65 mpg. That's with side cases and mixed riding.

I got a rather disappointing 48 mpg (US Gal) on first tank and I think 59 on the second. Very gentle riding, but 99% city.

My insurance ran out in Nov. and couldn't afford to reinsure, so she got put away for the winter about half way through the third tank I believe.

It sits at about 960-ish kilometres on the odo. Will do the first oil and filter change before I get her back out, hopefully in a few weeks. Also have to remember to go in for the chain recall.

When I bought the X last week it had a full tank ( so the gauge said,I never looked in the tank ) so yesterday the red bar started flashing so I fueled it up.
160 miles..3.0 gallons = 53.3333 mpg.
My commute us 17 miles each way,10 miles is freeway and 7 miles is stop and go.
I am 6'1" and 275+ lbs and with the stock ( short ) shield the wind hits me in my chest,BIG sail !!!.
Also I'm running Hippo Hands and they are HUGE.So 53 is not to bad me thinks,16mpg better than my DL1000 !!.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361462312.859675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eleventh fill up today and lowest mileage, down to 66 with some cold Wx and 30 mph headwinds. I used a tire plug in my previous bike, a GS500 Suzuki as it had a nail in it when I bought it. Plugged it and kept an eye on the pressure. It got me through a couple of months before I broke down and got a Power Pilot on it. If it was a burner, Gixxer, ZX10R, no way would I take the chance of a plug, but the NC doesn't produce head snapping acceleration. Which is fine by me;-)

]Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG
156414.png

not ridden mine yet due to cold weather etc.
if I get between 65 and 70 mpg I'll be happy. alway riding 2 up and the bike is a DCT model.

I still wish Honda had filled in the huge blank space between the rear seat and the tire with just a little more tank capacity.
It would hardly affect the appearance of the bike. A long distance ride in Canada and the Yukon could test the fuel endurance of this bike.

I was thinking the same thing.
I bet only half of that space is needed for tire clearance even at full suspension compression.
I bet they could have added an extra gallon or so of capacity by extending the tank under pillon a bit.

Back