• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First scratch is the HARDEST! :(

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Well it has finally happened after 15 months.
My first SCRATCH.

It is not on my bike, but on the Top box!
The scratch is not really visible, but it IS a scratch.

I went into an underground parking building this morning, right after a car has passed the gantry.
The gantry of course came down quickly.

I knew I would get hit, but still I did it.
Stupid me. :mad:
I did not yet have my coffee at 8:25am.
Darn.
The gantry gate bar hit the box as I passed through the gate.

Oh well, better the box than the bike.

When was your FIRST Scratch on the bike?
:p

Last edited:
2 weeks ago
I pushed the kick stand down and somehow the little knob go stuck between the patten on my Nike shoe....well anyway the bike fell over and caused a baby scrach to the handlebar. I just laughed about it.....what are ya gonna do....could have been worse

I got a scratch on the frunk lid. Diagonally going from lower left to upper right (right grip direction). No idea how it got there. Oh well....

Probably when I dropped it for the first time, three or four months after I bought it. The trunk was transplanted from my old bike and already had scratches from not keeping the shiny side up.

I have a small scratch/blemish right where the seats meets the Frunk lid.
I am pretty sure it's from my jacket zipper, usually I have the bottom un-zippped a little so the jacket flaps to each side, but I buttoned up tight one day during a rain storm and voila! A little blemish right there. So bummed...

Well, unlike some of you. I did not take too long to scratch the bike, it's not that I am careless. I just find it difficult to keep it clean and away from dangerously rough edges and other "stuff".

I got some scratches on the frunk lit because of my jacket's zipper. some on the front fairing probably because of road debris and tiny rocks. Oh, and also some on the handlebar and mirror because I did land it on its side a while back.

I am glad some of you still have it scratch free!!

Tony

First time out with the guys. We were looking for a rest stop and I rode into a parking lot, passed the others and headed straight for an opening beside the conveinence store. Hit some gravel and the front wheel washed out on me. The Silver Streak falls gracefully though, only a minor ding to the muffler, engine cover and brake lever. I didn't have to worry about picking up the bike because my husband and 8 others were there in about 2 seconds. I stepped off the bike as it went down receiving only a bruised ego.

I've got a very minor little scratch on my left side panel under the seat. Happened when I was trying to remove the NC700S sticker. It's hard to see, but you can feel it a little. They really should put warnings about this stuff on putty knives....

First small scratch was on the first day... I don;t pay much attention to that :)

Parking the bike in the garage after riding it home.
It's spot was between the front of my car, and the bicycle rack. After getting off the bike and taking some time to admire it, and inspect it thoroughly I bumping into the bicycle rack (they are held one on top of the other) and my wifes bicycle jumped down attacked the NC700x (totally unprovoked) I caught both the bicycle and the NC, but in separating them I gauged the windshield something terrible with the pedal on her bicycle.
also one small scratch on the frunk from her brake lever... :(

I slid my bike 30 feet on the left side within 24 hours of buying the thing and pinned it under a guard rail within 24 hours of that... Scratches bother me not at all now....

You know, every time someone posts about the latest mod without pictures someone else will reply with "if there's no pictures it didn't happen". Now if we could just extend that logic to when bad things happen too. :p

Knock on wood the silver paint on mine is still w/o a scratch but I scuffed up the aftermarket left hand hand guard when I got off the bike thinking I had deployed the side stand. That was the first then two weeks ago I did not completely attach one of the Givi panniers and it fell off the bike doing about 40 mph. Every corner and every panel on it got scratched or scuffed as it tumbled down the road.

My first scratch was when a friend pulled his son's ATV too close to my NC. The rear rack scratched my side bag. Scratches happen!

You know, every time someone posts about the latest mod without pictures someone else will reply with "if there's no pictures it didn't happen". Now if we could just extend that logic to when bad things happen too. :p

Other coast Dan, I'll be honest. I was horribly embarrassed about the damage I did early on. I wish I had taken pictures now...

Mine was there even before delivery! Dealer told me the way the bikes were in the shipping boxes all of them have a little scratch on the right side near the headlight. I looked at other ones in the showroom and at other dealers and they all had the same scratches. I'll post a picture nothing major though. Didn't hinder my purchase at all.

First scratch is the HARDEST
too friggin right! now I've got a sore ass;)
images

Two small patches on the top of the frunk. I believe my cat was up on the seat and was playing patty cake on the frunk. When I saw the silver paint for the first time my initial thought was how deep and rich the paint was. My second was "This is going to be hell keeping scratches from showing up on".

I've gotten some dents/dings on the top box from commuting on a regular highway.
Stones I guess....

I am also hard on mirrored helmet shields. My brand new one already has scratches
and lots of dings.

Back