• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

"Fenda Extenda" Extender

even with the "Fenda-Extenda" Extender, you still get some road tar on your engine's oil case. You might need to spend $1 on a K-mart plastic cup to make a "Fenda-Extenda" Extender Extension. It will cover the back of the front wheel all the way down to the pavement.

:p

even with the "Fenda-Extenda" Extender, you still get some road tar on your engine's oil case. You might need to spend $1 on a K-mart plastic cup to make a "Fenda-Extenda" Extender Extension. It will cover the back of the front wheel all the way down to the pavement.

:p

OK.. I admit I deserved that! :)

after a week's worth of riding (no rain or off road),
the FE-E ("Fenda Extenda" Extender) is working as I had hoped. There's no black trail of road tar on the gray plastic cowling that covers the oil filter.

It's not for everyone, but anecdotal data suggest it works.

Anybody made one of these WITHOUT the manufactured fenda extenda? I'm wondering if it could just be one long homemade piece instead of the two piece. Any thoughts?

smileyquestion.jpg

If I had it to do over again, I would certainly try. The Fenda Extenda, at $40, was OK, but it's not big enough.

Unfortunately, the "Rube Goldberg"(1) design I've installed IS NOT reversable, so I can't back track now.
If I made one from scratch using the same plastic I did, I might put an extra 1" wide strip down the center to increase stiffness.
I'd also make sure I clamped the plastic extension to the stock guard so that it curves BEFORE installing the rivets. The rivets would then maintain the side to side curve and augment stiffness.
The longer/flatter the extension is, the more likely it will flap in the wind.
I would definitely use pop-rivets/washers again. I like the look and long term strength.

(1) Rube Goldberg was an engineer who is now synonymous with unnecessarily complicated, fanciful, mechanical design.

Last edited:
Back