• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Farkle pricing

208rider

Reaction score
designbyparrish.com
When I buy electronics or furniture or just about anything else, I find a range of prices that makes shopping for a good deal imperative, but when it comes to motorcycle accessories, I often find that the normal sources (RevZilla, Twisted Throttle, Motorcycle Superstore, and even Amazon) have the exact same prices—often to the penny. Why is this? Do these stores just obsessively match each other's prices or are the manufacturers limiting how low prices can go?

Look at the seller on Amazon, many times it's the other vendors, i.e. Revzilla, Twisted Throttle etc. so you're really just buying from them and then sometimes saving on shipping if you have prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it a bit odd too, but I chalk it up to a relatively limited market ... there just aren't that many motorcyclists (compared to other consumer goods markets), and then you further divide by specific motorcycle type/model, so there isn't the size market that creates opportunities for discounts from big volume sellers. I'm constantly amazed at how much bits of plastic and aluminum cost when related to motorcycles.

becasue most things are sold at MSRP, and a lot of items, as mentioned earlier, come from the same place. Revzilla uses Twisted Throttle to drop ship.

I have a good friend that was a factory rep and represented several different lines. He now owns his own store in NW AR. He said about 90% of the company's have a contract he has to sign and limits him from publishing anything other than MSRP. The exception is discontinued items, and special manufacture sales. This is to try and keep everyone on an equal playing field. There will be the occasional item show up that goes against the contract and the manufacturer is unable to track the source, as several items go through secondary distributors. For this reason you will see some sellers offer a company discount that blankets any purchase, an effort to bypass the contract rule.

They also get around that by offering free shipping and bonus cash/points which can make a huge difference. When I buy something from them I place two orders and use the bonus cash from the first against the second. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the following places on line to buy Honda parts: Honda Direct Line, Bikebandit.com, motorcycle superstore, and Revzilla. Then I contact the dealer where I have most of the work done to see what their prices are. If real close I use them. If quite a gap, I buy on-line. I now buy all tires on-line as my dealer can't come close due to quantity buying by the vendor. I've used Bikebandit and Motorcycle Superstore but for the last few tires have gone to Chaparral which has the better pricing on tires. And most of the time they are shipped free. All that I have named have provided great service. I occasionaly buy something from Amazon but private sellers are not always truthful.

Back