• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fall/Winter Riding Gear

Shad

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a brisk ride into downtown Salt Lake this morning. Unless there is snow and ice I plan on riding through the winter. Any advice on a cold weather jacket and gloves. Time to put the gear I normally wear away. And yes, I tried to search, but for some reason the search bar doesn't work on this computer.

I use the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Jacket. It has a mesh jacket with an additional waterproof overcoat. The overcoat also breaks the wind. The only thing I don't like about with the jacket is that the cuff area is bulky which lead to some difficulty finding a glove gauntlet that would fit over it.

For a glove I use the Alpine Stars Apex Drystar. It had the bigger cuff that fit the coat. Came with some some hard knuckle protection. Seems good so far but have not used it much in the rain...raining today. Only tip I have about this glove is that there is a new model coming out. The newer glove will replace some of the leather bits with less expensive textile bits.

I've got thick riding jackets and gloves and a fully closeable helmet, waterproof, windproof insulated riding pants and thick warm riding boots and a winter scarab gauntlet. I also have a very large windshield on my nc700. With all of that I can stand about 15 minutes of riding in below 45F air temps. After that I start loosing heat and the body can't replace it fast enough.

My point is. Instead of being big and fat and restricted movement of the heavy winter gear. Save yourself money and be comfortable with electrically heated gear. I've read countless reviews of how amazing heated gear is.

I've mapped out my gear I want, now the saving begins. Not to mention the bike electrical stuff needs to be up to par.

I have an older model Gerbings heated jacket liner and glove liners. I also have a pair of pants liners but I find I can't get my leg over the seat if I have them on under my suit. The jacket and glove liners keep my hands and core warm enough that my legs don't really feel cold and a good pair of ski socks keeps my feet warm. A thin nylon balaclava with a fleece collar keeps my head warm.

Back