• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fall riding jacket ?

pprior

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for a recommendation on a cool weather touring high vis jacket with protection. $300-500 max budget. 3 season would be good but I have a summer mesh jacket and pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest revzilla.com
They have an excellent selection with video reviews and customer feedback on many items. Their return policy is top notch, so it's pretty painless if you order the wrong size!
I went with a water resistant 3/4 length vented textile jacket that has a zipout quilted liner. It even has Honda logos!

That's where I bought all my (summer/mesh) stuff so far, was just hoping for some direct rider feedback. I agree the videos and reviews are excellent there.

How low do you want to go? I have a Texport (same as Fulmer) Tourtrak jacket. Brand new it was $79. Full armor, removable liner, very warm, pockets galore. There's an XL on eBay right now, $70 plus shipping.

jacket.jpg

I'm 5'10 about 170 so an extra large probably too big, but that's real cheap price. back armor as well?

I'm 5'10 about 170 so an extra large probably too big, but that's real cheap price. back armor as well?

I'm 165-170# and 5'8". I have a Lrg and it fits well. The jacket has elbow and shoulder pads, plus a foam pad in the back about 3/8" thick.

There's better jackets out there, but I was amazed at the quality of this jacket for the price. The jacket is pretty sturdy. It weighs 5 pounds.

I go to revzilla because of the selection, price, videos and feedback. It's my homework place. Once I find the product, then I go looking for the best price. BUT, if the price is close to revzilla, revzilla gets my business because of their customer friendly attitude!

After reading the feedback, I would not have ordered the jacket.
I'm cheap, though. I got my Scorpion EXO jacket for $50 shipped off Ebay. I had to buy the liner - an extra $30 and a rain suit to go over all of it - an extra $50.

I really like the idea of getting a jacket (or suit) that is rain ready and breathable and has a liner for the cold. But there are too many out there to spend that kind of money on to read negative feedback.

It's a good looking jacket and if you like it, that's all that matters BUT, you did ask for feedback.

For cool weather I like a jacket that is waterproof and currently have a First Gear Kilamanjaro.

In warm weather I want mesh. Don't care for the insulated liner as rain protection as it will usually be too hot. uninsulated rain liner has you riding with a wet jacket which is not comfortable. Somfor me in summer it is a mesh jacket with a rain jacket over top of needed. Same for pants.

Never worry about the weather! Put electric water proof riding gear on your bike, and make the temperature be what you want it to be.

Many good brands of electric gear out there in the market place.

I do know that a few of the brands are actually made by Warm and Safe. Also, some of the components for some other manufactures are also made by Warm and Safe. So brand really does not matter.

All Heated Jacket Liners - Warm & Safe Heated Gear, LLC

Last edited:
I really like my Pilot Trans.Urban and the matching pants. It's made by a company with a lot of experience in motorcycle gear (leather racing suits and OEM textile MC gear) but they've only recently started making textile gear in their own brand. The price at $225 with free shipping and free return (if you need it) is awesome. All it needs it an upgrade to the back armour (as do just about all jackets).

Trans.Urban Jacket - Pilot Motosport

WebBikeWorld review - Pilot Trans-Urban Jacket Review - webBikeWorld

I've bought most of my gear from MotocycleGear.com. and I have bought a ton of gear from them. They use to be called NewEnough. On most of their gear if you scroll down there is a section called "our two cents" where they review the item and it is very helpful. Good place to deal with and they usually have something on sale. I'm waiting on 2 pair of gloves to come in right now.

Back