• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling - Let There Be Light

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If some is good, then more is better, and too much is just right. Just as you cannot have too much gasoline unless you are on fire, you cannot have too much light unless your alternator can't take it or oncoming drivers take offense with you. I originally had the Rigid Dually Spot beams working through a Clearwater IQ-170 pulse width modulation controller to provide 50% brilliance on low beam and 100% on high beam. Now I have a set of Rigid Dually D2 Driving beams taking their place on top operated through the IQ-170 and I re-mounted the Dually Spots below the D2's to operate only with high beam. The Spots have longer throw and a narrower beam than the D2 Driving lights. Again, with my coming post-op lay-up, I won't be able to test these for a couple of months. But here are a couple of pics...

DSC00943.jpgDSC00945.jpg

Hey Beemer, I was about to ping you about what I see in your pictures. I don't want to be "too" off-topic, but how do you like your DIY deflectors so far ? I am planning a similar setup with my 4 LED projectors, but I need to wait since the Givi engine guards are backordered right now.. Also, can you tell me the size of the engine guard tubing ? I blind-purchased 4 aluminium clamps off ebay, they ended up being adjustable between 7/8" and 1 1/4". I think they should fit fine for the Givi's but I would like to make sure.

image.jpg

Hey Beemer, I was about to ping you about what I see in your pictures. I don't want to be "too" off-topic, but how do you like your DIY deflectors so far ? I am planning a similar setup with my 4 LED projectors, but I need to wait since the Givi engine guards are backordered right now.. Also, can you tell me the size of the engine guard tubing ? I blind-purchased 4 aluminium clamps off ebay, they ended up being adjustable between 7/8" and 1 1/4". I think they should fit fine for the Givi's but I would like to make sure.

I think they are one inch, but maybe slightly over. You should be good. My shop is about 500 feet from my house and I am in for the night or I would go check. Maybe someone else with the Givi's can measure them for you. I know there are several sets out there. I am completely satisfied with the DIY deflectors. I think they do a good job of taking the wind off of the legs just judging by the amount of billowing of the pants legs before and after. They should be a big help in inclement weather though I haven't tested them in hard rain yet.

Well, thank you for being my "Beta tester", I really appreciate someone walking on front of me, especially in a landmine field !

Very nice, Beemerphile! I've been giving the Rigid D2 driving patterns some solid consideration. From what you can see so far, based on the beam pattern and so forth, do you _expect_ oncoming drivers to find the half-power D2s acceptable? Or is this a try-it-and-see kind of thing?

Very nice, Beemerphile! I've been giving the Rigid D2 driving patterns some solid consideration. From what you can see so far, based on the beam pattern and so forth, do you _expect_ oncoming drivers to find the half-power D2s acceptable? Or is this a try-it-and-see kind of thing?

Not sure. I'll have to try it.

View attachment 1841

care to share the seller name? or key words to search the item?

care to share the seller name? or key words to search the item?

I purchased the clamps from "2allbuyer" on eBay. Here is his seller page: eBay My World - 2allbuyer

I think he does not have active listing at the moment and when he does, his shipping rates are all messed up.. I suggest you contact him directly, that's what I did. I purchased 8 clamps from him, I paid 4$ each. The "downside" of those clamps is that they only have 1 screw to hold wathever you want. That is fine for LED lights, but I think that the ones Beemer uses has two screws looking it his pictures. I may be wrong. Maybe Beemer would like to chime in to confirm. If that's true, then his clamps may be a lot more sturdy.

I purchased the clamps from "2allbuyer" on eBay. Here is his seller page: eBay My World - 2allbuyer

I think he does not have active listing at the moment and when he does, his shipping rates are all messed up.. I suggest you contact him directly, that's what I did. I purchased 8 clamps from him, I paid 4$ each. The "downside" of those clamps is that they only have 1 screw to hold wathever you want. That is fine for LED lights, but I think that the ones Beemer uses has two screws looking it his pictures. I may be wrong. Maybe Beemer would like to chime in to confirm. If that's true, then his clamps may be a lot more sturdy.
Hi, thanks for sharing.. That seller is out of office till Xmas. Guess need to spend time searching.

Hi, thanks for sharing.. That seller is out of office till Xmas. Guess need to spend time searching.

That's what is written on his page, and that's the reason why he doesn't have any (or not many..) active listings. You may still send him a message, I bet he will reply. I purchased my last 4 clamps while he had this message, and he still replied to my emails and shipped the items.

That's what is written on his page, and that's the reason why he doesn't have any (or not many..) active listings. You may still send him a message, I bet he will reply. I purchased my last 4 clamps while he had this message, and he still replied to my emails and shipped the items.

Hi frank, thanks a million. Manage to contact the seller.. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!!

If some is good, then more is better, and too much is just right. Just as you cannot have too much gasoline unless you are on fire, you cannot have too much light unless your alternator can't take it or oncoming drivers take offense with you. I originally had the Rigid Dually Spot beams working through a Clearwater IQ-170 pulse width modulation controller to provide 50% brilliance on low beam and 100% on high beam. Now I have a set of Rigid Dually D2 Driving beams taking their place on top operated through the IQ-170 and I re-mounted the Dually Spots below the D2's to operate only with high beam. The Spots have longer throw and a narrower beam than the D2 Driving lights. Again, with my coming post-op lay-up, I won't be able to test these for a couple of months. But here are a couple of pics...

View attachment 1830View attachment 1831

Really nice set up you've got here beemerphile I'm trying to do something similar with my bike, I've got some Denali lights wired up now and ordered the dually spot lights to have some extra throw. Let me ask you... How do you have the duallys so that they only run with the high beam? Are they actually wired so that when you flick the high beam switch they come on, or are you using a seperate switch to turn them on and off?

Really nice set up you've got here beemerphile I'm trying to do something similar with my bike, I've got some Denali lights wired up now and ordered the dually spot lights to have some extra throw. Let me ask you... How do you have the duallys so that they only run with the high beam? Are they actually wired so that when you flick the high beam switch they come on, or are you using a seperate switch to turn them on and off?

Similar to mine, I believe he has IQ-170 controller. It can be preset up to 10 levels of running light brightness. When you flick the high beam it will go 100% brightness.

Similar to mine, I believe he has IQ-170 controller. It can be preset up to 10 levels of running light brightness. When you flick the high beam it will go 100% brightness.

I am using the IQ-170 controller for the Dually D2 lights. They run 50% on low beam and 100% on high. The Dually Spots are simply wired to come on with the high beams. There is no separate switch.

Back