• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Exhaust, Booster Plug, 15th sprocket.

Willio

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I love the NC700S I use it to commute 100km everyday. Only one small issue it just lack a bit of punch for quick over takes and so on. However I am perfectly happy with the bike otherwise. So for minimal money I fitted a full exhaust system, Dan Moto muffler, Leo Vince header pipe. A Booster Plug and a 15 tooth front sprocket. Bike goes much better now a lot more pick up and certainly much cheaper than trading it on another bike. Still not a superbike but enough get up and go now for it to ride the way I would like.

Please no lectures on the planet ect...I have placed this info here simply to help riders who want a bit more from their bike but don't want to spend much to get that extra oomph. total expense for me was about $750 NZD about $550 USD.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

The Boosterplug is one of the most underrated add-ons for this bike, mostly due to some inaccuracies spread by people who don't own them. I don't even have an aftermarket exhaust and the difference was very apparent. Very popular with BMW guys in my riding group who have raved about this device over much more expensive Power Commanders for years. Tuning these factory lean motorcycles today really makes a big difference, even on the NC that has good fueling from the factory. Enjoy!

Well, since the whole idea behind "New Concept" was to use as little fuel as possible, it does stand to reason that it would be on the lean side of the equation, lol

I'm not arguing the merits/detractions of the booster plug or any other perceived angst against customization in general. To me, the "feel" of a motorcycle, to whomever owns it, is a personal thing that a lot of others forget to appreciate, can be quite different from theirs.

Welcome aboard Willio :D

Booster Plug - webBikeWorld

did not know of this booster plug. this tester here got a slight improvement on MPG.

am sort of interested.

anyone have on a DCT? any MPG improvement?

I think i truly need a lot more confirmation that it constantly provide an improvement to MPG.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I love the NC700S I use it to commute 100km everyday. Only one small issue it just lack a bit of punch for quick over takes and so on. However I am perfectly happy with the bike otherwise. So for minimal money I fitted a full exhaust system, Dan Moto muffler, Leo Vince header pipe. A Booster Plug and a 15 tooth front sprocket. Bike goes much better now a lot more pick up and certainly much cheaper than trading it on another bike. Still not a superbike but enough get up and go now for it to ride the way I would like.

Please no lectures on the planet ect...I have placed this info here simply to help riders who want a bit more from their bike but don't want to spend much to get that extra oomph. total expense for me was about $750 NZD about $550 USD.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers
Welcome to the thread. How long did you own your NC before the mods and how long sense? That's about half the price I was looking at the last time I looked into getting a booster plug and exhaust, can you post a link to where you got your booster plug specifically

Last edited:
This is not new.......others have tried and actually posted dyno charts. The end conclusion there was no power gains by changing the mixture.

So .........buyer beware.........$150 for a resistor and some connectors to trick the air temp sensor. If you do your research this has been sold to car, trucks and bikes owners for years.

Then there is the issue that the NC does not have any fueling flaws like stumbles, hesitation or flat spots to fix. ?????

Yes....... changing the gearing will change the acceleration with a trade off on cruise RPM and top speed.

Yes.........its ok to make more noise if that's your thing........but........post the dyno runs before and after helps others if they want to make changes and spend their cash.

Last edited:
Hi, I purchased the booster plug on eBay for $149 USD with free shipping, as I did all the mods at the same time its not possible for me to say what created the biggest improvement.

I have used booster plugs in the past on my BMW's and they did make the bikes ride much, much smoother especially at low speeds. Its true that the NC is so smooth that there are no fuelling issues to fix but my thinking was that I was fitting a complete exhaust system to a bike that already runs very lean and that the pipe would make it even more lean. So I figured for the minimal cost of the booster plug I would just do that at the same time.

I owned my bike for 6500km before doing the mods and like the improvements, I am happy I spent the cash and feel it was worth it, I have not done any dyno runs sorry. Realistically I would only expect about 3hp gained but the bike pulls the way I want it to I am sure the sprocket helps this heaps. I think fitting the booster plug just for more power could be disappointing. However when I was doing the 3 mods it just seemed to make sense to me as piece of the puzzle alongside the other mods.

As I mentioned earlier mine is the NC700S model so after owning it for awhile I feel like I might want to go and do a few gravel roads since NZ has lots of scenic non sealed roads. I am aware that mine is the street version but I have fitted the Givi crash bars now, and some 30mm handle bar risers ad ordered a front fender extender. Everyone in NZ seems to be out of stock but if I can find them I will fit a set of Pirelli MT60 tyres. I think these will still do the 100km sealed, twisty road commute and give me grip on some non sealed roads. I am not intending to treat my bike like a motocross bike but think it may neat to get out of the beaten track so to speak.

I would love some advice on tyre choice in case I can't find the MT60's and feedback on any thoughts on my idea both good, bad and otherwise.

Cheers.

I would love some advice on tyre choice in case I can't find the MT60's and feedback on any thoughts on my idea both good, bad and otherwise.

Cheers.

the guys who dabble with offroad stuff on the X's seem to like the TKC80 front tire, and either the Heidenau K60 or Mitas E07 rear tire in 150/70 size. A buddy of mine gets 17-21k miles on a Heidenau tire, so they make it worth the cash, vs the MT60's which apparently wear out really quick.

keep an eye out for the TKC70's too, they are supposed to be releasing a front tire in our size this year.

Here we go with the bashing of a product that people don't even own or understand. The website has a phenomenal selection of technical articles explaining it. It is not a cheap "trick only" knock-off that has flooded the market. It actually has some intelligent engineering to compensate for temperature conditions and adds an affordable refinement to an already great bike. How many people spend $300-500 on a useless end-can that did nothing but create noise? It is not about adding peak horsepower, but rather increasing power and torque throughout the rpm range. Does it increase peak horsepower? No more than a few based on dynos I've read in the past. Does it increase power throughout the rev range where you want it? Heck yeah, and it isn't subjective at all. Go to some Beemer and KTM forums and these guys have been using these things for years. I have tried measuring mpg and can discern no difference at all. Every product will have detractors, but the difference is there are strong technical articles and customer support which sets it apart. The proof is in the application, and I found it worth every penny as has thousands of other riders worldwide.

Here we go with the bashing of a product that people don't even own or understand.

Who are you replying to? Where is the bashing?

There are exactly 3 posts so far that even mention it.

-One of them expressing hopeful interest if potential claims can be confirmed.

-One of them saying people should be left alone to their own devices as far as mods go based on how they like their bike to feel.

-One post expressing a perfectly valid opinion on their take on various aftermarket fueling products in the market, and only cautioning others unaware of the ins and outs, to exercise due diligence in their research before spending money.

Opinion and healthy skepticism should not be construed as bashing. Unless of course the loudest proponents for a product actually want everybody not agreeing with them to be silenced outright, based solely on angry emotional rantings in favour of it.

In the next paragraph after saying people don't understand, and they are bashing something you personally believe in, you do the very same thing by casting aspersions on people who spend money on a "useless end can that did nothing but create noise"

Relaaaaax. There are no pitchforks and torches being displayed here about a modification you really like. ;)

Hey everyone,

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers
I'm thinking I'll get a booster plug in the next month or so, depending on finances of course lol, I plan on removing my catalytic converter soon (temps are over 104 F° on the ride home from work) 60 miles each way, I went down a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket instead of going up on the front but I did that when I replaced the chain awhile ago. Where did you mount your external sensor for the booster plug?

For those who want more info there are dozens of sites and posts some with real testing. Link below is just a starting point and better explains what going without trying to sell a product. It does show how to make your own IAT tune, ( for pennies) but procede with caution and the risk is all yours. There are others like the "5 cent tune" so learn before you leap.

The real chip tuners have all but given up on the NC because there are little or no gains to had by mixture changes and rev limiter changes.

IAT Resistor Mods vs Performance Modules vs Real Chips

Ebay warning:

Fake Modification Chips and Gas Savers | eBay

Last edited:
Exactly what 15 tooth front sprocket was used here? (So many threads here on the topic...but so LITTLE actual information!)

ADDED;

For the record...only one poster out of hundreds of pages provided this source to (easily) buy 15t, 16t and 17t front steel sprockets.

384- Honda CTX-700, NC-700X/ XD 2012-15

Last edited:
Hand guards, a skid plate, and a radiator cover are very nice to have for off road.
Here are my mods. I do ride a little off road, as well as on gravel roads, which is not really "off road."
Almost all our roads in Oklahoma are terrible compared to Germany or Switzerland, so a bit of gravel or rocks here and there is expected. I actually live on a gravel road, so protection is a good idea.

As Jeff Foxworthy said, "If the directions to your home include the phrase, 'Turn off the paved road,' you might just be a redneck "

https://youtu.be/wrgcIEAIkWs

Last edited:
Back