• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Even OCR Would Have Stayed on the Couch.

Yes, I have ridden in hurricanes. But remember I live in hurricane alley. The two times I have had to ride in Hurricanes were:

1. Hurricane Alicia in 1983 the rain felt like you were being hit by bb's. A tornado came right though the middle of my property, knocking down 13 large oak trees. The only way out was on a motorcycle.

2. Hurrican Ike in 2008 was at first headed for a direct hit on my dealership. So, I spent the night at the dealerhip. The next morning at the end of the hurricane, with all the stuff in the roadway, a motorcycle was my only way home. A auto would not have gotten though.

I have been in a few more hurricanes, but those two were the only two hurricanes I had to ride a bike in.

In 1999 when on the road, I was in the middle of a torando in Wellington, Kansas. The next morning only a motorcycle could have gotten out of Wellington.

Last edited:
Zounds! :eek: The two big fears I have on a motorcycle are high winds and Lightning (well, other than texting teenagers, lol)

(well, other than texting teenagers, lol)

And god knows we're well served in Vancouver... Texting teenagers in BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes', Porsche's, Maseratti's... For some reason, rich (foreign) teens seem to care even less that it's dangerous - and optionally totally illegal. Sometimes wondering if it's the same when population is more on an average wealth level. I guess stupidity hits all classes, but higher classes may care less...

Anyway, I'm digressing...

This reminds me of an important piece of wisdom imparted by the comedian Ron White on surviving being caught out in a hurrican..."it's not THAT the wind is blowing, it's WHAT the wind is blowing". Wise words, just sayin.

Back