• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine guard installation NC750 2021 - torque settings

papski

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've just received my engine guard from T-Rex racing, I watched their installation video where they provide toque values for attaching it to the engine bay and they say to check the manual. Problem is I can't find anywhere those values in the manual and the ones in the video have range between 40 - 45 ft /lb . I don't want to over do it so any help would be appreciated.

Installation video :

Thanks

Just to be clear what your question is, are you saying the bolt torque in question is for attaching the engine guard with the stock Honda engine mounting bolts, and you are unable to find the recommended torque for those bolts in the Honda service manual?

Just to be clear what your question is, are you saying the bolt torque in question is for attaching the engine guard with the stock Honda engine mounting bolts, and you are unable to find the recommended torque for those bolts in the Honda service manual?
Correct

Check the General Information section in the 2021 Honda NC750X Service Manual. In my 2012 manual, in that section, under heading “Engine Removal/Installation”, it lists the engine mounting bolt torque specifications. Perhaps the 2021 manual likewise lists those values.

Check the General Information section in the 2021 Honda NC750X Service Manual. In my 2012 manual, in that section, under heading “Engine Removal/Installation”, it lists the engine mounting bolt torque specifications. Perhaps the 2021 manual likewise lists those values.
So after more researching it looks like service manual is completely different than regular manual (my bad here, I am a total newbie). I found 2021 service manual from helm inc but it is out of stock. The only online manual I found is 2016 model which has 40lb/ft for 12mm and 16lb/ft for 8mm

One of the users on this forum has service manual for 2021 NC750 and he said 12mm bolts in 2021 are as well 40lb/ft . I am all good now!

Back