• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

EMGO top case and mirrors

sumo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought these super cheap and free shipping.

The mirrors sit the same as the originals, quality seems good, reviews were good, time will tell.
1.jpg
2.jpg

This top box seems a little 'thin' but it has a lock, two keys and a mounting plate. Using the included hardware I bolted the plate right on to my SW Motech luggage rack. The box holds my large GT Air helmet with Sena S20 bluetooth attached, no rubbing when I close the lid. I think the case looks good and the handle is a nice feature.

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

The case is sold as EMGO but this logo is all over it, the paperwork says made in Taiwan
9.jpg

Canadian dollars:
8.jpg

I'll be happy to NOT drag my helmet into Walmart anymore.

On sale Emgo Portable Travel Trunk - Motorcycle Superstore in the states.

Last edited:
The ugly yellow EMGO logo comes off and you can then mount a stuffed critter on top of the box. I have a mouse. Also the box is a great place to add LED side markers and brake lights. I used a trailer plug so I can still remove the box if I want to and a GS-100A brake light modulator for the boxes LED brake lights. Search E-Bay. Two whole bucks. I carpeted the bottom to cover the wiring. I have a ammo bag in there from Walmart. If I need more space, the bag comes out and gets strapped to the seat allowing the trunk to be emptied for all the stuff the wife bought during the ride. I small bag mounted to the front of the box with zip ties serves as a backrest and holds gloves and glasses. Some pin stripe on the trunk makes it match the bike. Great choice. For 60 bucks it's a great deal.

Last edited:
hmm, I am looking for more storage, and with shipping still only $76. may be able to bolt it to my SW moto reck with a little mod too. I may bite.

Emgo is a pretty popular low cost brand; if you hunt around stateside you can get a better deal on them (amazon usa has it at $65)

I have the same box, I like it so far. I hard mounted mine with 3 5/8" bolts and flat stock to distribute the force, it looks hacked from the inside, but is working well.

Here are some pictures of my install:

SW Motech ALU-RACK
1.jpg
2.jpg

SW Motech Aluminum Luggage Rack for the ALU-RACK. Notice I drilled two holes in it for the EMGO mount plate.
3.jpg

EMGO mount plate secured with 6 bolts
4.jpg

The view from the underside. The mounting rails, four bolts and four regular nuts came with the mounting plate.
The four bolts were longer than necessary so I cut them down to 1.25" and I got two more 1" bolts for the middle.
5.jpg

8.jpg

I replaced the nuts with nylon locking nuts.
9.jpg

There are many positive reviews. The only negative remarks are that the mounting plate can spontaneously break, one guy saying he had to turn back and pickup his top case on the side of the road.

I'm hoping that by using six bolts and with the firm support of my luggage rack I will not have any issues. Further I only tighten the lock nuts until snug so no great pressure on the plastic mounting plate.

[END]

Ignore the following picture I can't figure out how to delete it.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
The plate breaking is what keeps me from purchasing this brand of box. Please update from time too time , perhaps your way of mounting / tightening bolts may resolve issue

Back