• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Embarrassing Tip-Overs & First Time Drops

I'm sorry about this,but everytime I watch this and the horn beeps I have to laugh.I would have chucked that lock as far as I could.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Coward? I call you a very smart man!

Preparing to work on a bike by standing it up straight with it barely leaning on the kickstand like that? Let's call him lucky that it fell onto another bike instead of onto him while he was knelt down working on it.

Hey all, I just got back from a one month & 5,600 Mile RV Road Trip a couple of days ago. I could have been in many of your backyards while traveling to Wisconsin and back. I did not see many NC700Xs during our trip, just one in California on our way out of town headed south on CA14.

Yesterday I had an embarrassing First Time Drop. I dropped NaNCy while making a low speed right turn. Before I knew it, I was slidding down the pavement, maybe 10-15 feet. I got up immediately and then picked up NaNCy in a matter of moments. The damages were minimal to say the least, the right BarkBuster and muffler took most of the punishment, see the extent of the damages below. :(

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

I then straightened everything that was out of place and continued to ride to work, very curiously might I add. :eek:

The only injuries that I sustained was a scrapped up right knee. It did not look "BAD", but it sure does hurt due to several layers of skin being worn away. It did not tear my pants, I think it was the jeans that did it to me.

Ouch, sorry to hear about the spill. :( Looks like you came away with not too bad a result, hope your knee is better soon!

(Note to self: NC700's seem to favour their riders knees, to snack on...)

Even when worn beneath outer riding pants, jeans can be surprisingly bizarre when it comes to no apparent damage to them, yet a really good dust up beneath. I once had a pointy end of a footpeg impale my left calf and go right to the bone, get pulled back out, but with no hole or damage to the jeans!!! :eek: Not a mark! It was disgusting what the friction of the material did to the wound when it came back out with the footpeg, though. It pulled everything inside out, lol.

Yesterday afternoon once I got home, I used both an abrasive and polishing wheel with Jewelers Rouge to buff out as much of the scratches that I could. The "Exhaust Can" took a lot of the punishment and had a lot of deep gouges. Also the BarkBuster Aluminum bar too. I buffed out as much of these scratches and then polished them, see the images below.

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

I ordered and will be installing a R&G Exhaust Protector onto the Muffler near the damaged area and Barkbusters VPS supermoto skidplates to cover the Aluminum bars to hide the damages. The DCT oil filter cover is beyond making it beautiful again. I will have to order another one and its hardware. The right case lip beneath the oil filter cover cleaned up the best it can, I had to use a file to get out most of the deep gouges. I may have to replace the Lower Wind Deflector later on. At this time it looks "Alright".

Ouch, sorry to hear about the spill. :( Looks like you came away with not too bad a result, hope your knee is better soon!

(Note to self: NC700's seem to favour their riders knees, to snack on...)

I rode past the same place where I fell yesterday morning. The only thing that I saw that makes any sense on how this happened is an asphalt patch. The city did a "Terrible Job" with patching this pothole. The asphalt was uneven and protruding over the surface of the street. The rear wheel must have rolled over it while I had the power on during the turn. The rear wheel must have jumped up and lost traction, thus sending me sliding down the way.

The “Hump” is perfectly lined up with all the gouges and their paths in the street. It’s the only logical explanation for this occurring.

As for my knee, here now it looked this morning, see below image...

IMG_3414.jpg

It's sore and still "Wet", no sign of a scab yet. Maybe in a few days or so. I got to keep it covered in the meantime...

Back