• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Easy USB Charging - $35, No Hassles

CapnPantelones

Reaction score
Visit site
While doing some research on getting a USB phone/gps charger wired-into the 700x, I came across this adapter from the Frunk-accessible SAE battery trickle charging cable to USB:

Amazon.com: SAE to USB Adapter - Motorcycle Cell Phone Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've installed and tested and with a USB to Lightning Cable cable and it charges my iPhone 5 while the bike is both on/off. The LED stays lit even when the bike is off, so I just unplugged it to be safe.

This seems WAY easier than the other accessories/methods currently available.

Safe riding brothers and sisters.

Adam in Ohio

Attachments

• saeusb.jpg
    saeusb.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 457
I have that but with a lighter adapter.i put a small hole into battery panel and put a rubber cromit around it.at work now will past pics if you want.

Looks good. I bought an Amazon-sourced lighter socket, put it in the frunk, and plugged into the socket a flush dual-usb adaptor. One plug to charge iPhone 5 on handlebar and another to charge Garmin GPS. Only use it on long rides, but very effective and minimalist.

This item is pricey for what it is, but I bought one, have it, and it does seem to work. I needed it for my trip next week to Colorado. It's the Goldwing's turn this time; the NC takes a rest.

Greg

Pricey? How about THIS ONE for $20.

Good find. That's a better deal for sure, but the shipping to me does take it to $28. Thing is, I had a credit at Amazon to burn up anyhow.

Last edited:
Great find Capn!! Thats exactly what i needed and now i dont have to even bother with mounting a 12v lighter. Heck now-a-days everything can run off of USB.

Indeed. Great first post. It will be a good thing to take the cigarette lighter and USB port for cig out of the loop.

I guess I'm a late bloomer because I just saw that on "the Zon" yesterday and immediately bought one. I thought that since I had the battery tender on there (routed out the left side of the bike) that I might ought to re-route the connection inside the frunk and then pop this bad boy on there for charging.
Only question I have is how rapidly it will charge the item that is connected to it. Not that it needs to be a rapid charge but just wondering if it charges in "normal" time or if it is a really slow draw on the actual battery.

Back