• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Drying out tall Gore-Tex boots

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to dry out waterproof tall touring boots? My normal riding boots aren’t waterproof so they dry naturally but for obvious reasons the waterproof boots tend to hold water. Any ideas on how to dry them out would be appreciated.

I dry my goretex hiking boots by stuffing them with newspaper. Old school but works and doesn't harm the boot.

I use https://www.amazon.com/MaxxDry-02000-Shoe-Dryer-XL/dp/B001O3ATVC/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=MaxxDry&qid=1666843885&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjkzIiwicXNhIjoiMy43OCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNjAifQ==&sr=8-4 when my gloves and boots get wet. I'm happy with it. I have not used it on my Gore-Tex boots but very happy with the performance on my other bits. I got it on sale at a local store and don't regret it. Interesting that there seems to be no stock on Amazon with no inventory information.
I have that same style boot dryer. It’s primary use is to dry ski boots and gloves, but it works as well to dry motorcycle and other type boots. I think using an electric boot dryer would be best way to thoroughly dry a motorcycle boot.

Out on the road, on a trip to Newfoundland, I encountered many days of heavy rain. Another rider on the trip suggested stuffing the boots with newspaper. That did work to get a lot of the water out of the boots while out on a camping trip without access to facilities.

The boot dryers are worth the money! I’ve used one for my work boots many times. I hate putting on wet boots to start the day.

Boot dryers are great for ...drying boots...
(-:

If you're looking for something else for whatever reason, try some rice bags. Put them in a low-temp oven (or the microwave) first, to assure the rice inside is dry, but that'll pull moisture pretty well.

Last edited:
Back