• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Difference in ignition switches in nc750x and nc700x

junior1786

Reaction score
Visit site
Hy guys,
I own an 2014 NC750XDE.
My bike was stolen and vandalised, and when i got it back, the ignition switch was removed, and another one mounted.
I would like to return the bike to service, so i started gathering parts.
I see on ebay fairly cheap used NC700X ignithin switches, but the part number and PCN for the nc750x switch, doesn't match the nc700x.
From what i could see (both on the net, and based on the non-NC switch that was mounted on the bike by the theivs), the difernce seems to be in the contact points and connector, and not in the lock assy itself.
I know the american model nc700x doesn't have HISS on it, but does it affect the lock itself?

Can any body confirm my assumptions?
Do you know if the NC750X switch has ressistor in it?

Thanks in advance,
Dima.

Hy guys,
I own an 2014 NC750XDE.
My bike was stolen and vandalised, and when i got it back, the ignition switch was removed, and another one mounted.
I would like to return the bike to service, so i started gathering parts.
I see on ebay fairly cheap used NC700X ignithin switches, but the part number and PCN for the nc750x switch, doesn't match the nc700x.
From what i could see (both on the net, and based on the non-NC switch that was mounted on the bike by the theivs), the difernce seems to be in the contact points and connector, and not in the lock assy itself.
I know the american model nc700x doesn't have HISS on it, but does it affect the lock itself?

Can any body confirm my assumptions?
Do you know if the NC750X switch has ressistor in it?

Thanks in advance,
Dima.

Where are you located? Your location is listed as IL, but I assume that cannot be Illinois, USA.

As for electric function, I don't see any difference between U.S. and non-U.S. of ignition switch. Both are simple on/off switch.
If switch would fit lock assembly you may use any type. Just match 2P connector.

The HISS system ignition switch or the collar at the top of the switch has a "contact receiver" built in for the key chip to identify and confirmed.

After the key is a confirmed match.....Then the HISS sends a digital signal ( more or less encrypted) to the ECU to allow the engine to run.

Detailed explanination what is actually happening in HISS.

Honda Worldwide | Tech Views | Vol. 4 H.I.S.S. : Impression

The switch it self might be similar if the HISS collar can be separated. The HISS System has a few different configurations over the years as far where and how the HISS key ID is received and sent on to the ECU.

Last edited:
showkey- The HISS reader is a separate unit from the ignition switch, and each one of them can be removed individualy from the top bridge.

In case some one will ask this question again- here is the answer:
Yes, the switches are interchangeable as the mechanical part of the lock is identicle, but the brown connector is different on the NC700 and 750.
The different PCN on both is just that- the connector, which is little bit wider on the 750.
And now to the good news- you can easily replace the connector, as the terminals are the same, so no cutting and soldering is required.
Will post pics of it later on.

Back