• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali Light Bar installation

Dave Modisette

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I installed my Denali light bar back about a year ago, I had to remove the bottom panel under the "beak" assembly. I never reinstalled the panel because it looked like I would have to do some cutting on it to make it fit around the light bar. I was surprised how much road noise seemed to be funneled up from the front wheel since that panel is gone.

Question: Can anyone tell me how much trimming I'm going to have to do to this panel to get it to fit back on? I hate to trim it in case I want to take the light bar off some day and go back to stock but the noise is a nuisance.

you just have to trim out the middle bit of it. Doesn't the Denali directions have a little template of what you need to cut? If not, I think the "honda light bar" accessory requires the same bit to be trimmed, so you can use those directions as reference.

Question: Can anyone tell me how much trimming I'm going to have to do to this panel to get it to fit back on? I hate to trim it in case I want to take the light bar off some day and go back to stock but the noise is a nuisance.
I have one that I want to install too, just been procrastinating using not wanting to cut the plastic as an excuse. I have wondered, can't you just use some spacers to lower the bar below the plastic until it clears to keep from having to cut it?

Ray

Cutting plastic

Here's a picture of mine. I just took a razor blade to it. I have a homemade light bar, so mine is a straight piece of metal. I used pictures of the Denali to reference the size so it shouldn't be much different. The perk of cutting a piece in that spot is you never see it.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 146
Back