• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali DM-2 Micro fender mount

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Denali DM-1 Micro fender mount

Today I was installing the Denali Micro lights with the fender mount I had received from TwistedThrottle.
Could not do it....

The bolts seemed to be too short (approx. 2.5"). Called them, they were very nice! Went to their project bile, checked the bolt, the spacer. Yep, they sent me the right part.
Yet, I could not catch the thread no matter what I tried.

Went to Home Depot, got the M6 x 75mm bolts. All is well now...

Just so you know...

Last edited:
yjyvedar.jpg
I've got pics in my galley with the micro's mounted like that too.

sent from a singars radio

Funny, I had the very same problem. I called Twisted Throttle and requested longer bolts. They send the size I recommended and they worked fine. It's interesting to find I was not the only person with the "correct" screws being way too short.

Not the same company but I ran into the same issue with my r&g radiator cover. The top mount that Honda doesn't use a screw with needs a screw with the cover. The screw they sent didn't even show any threads out the other side, had to use the ol' junk drawer.

Installed mine. Bolt they supply fits, if you mount it WITH the adjustable mount and not as shown in their picture.

But I went with a longer bolt anyways for a cleaner and simpler installation, similar to their picture.

Decided to install the D2s I recently bought from Twisted Throttle on Saturday and immediately ran into the "short bolt" problem with their suggested fender mount kit.

D2Mount-small.jpg

The lower right-hand bolt is a OEM fender bolt.

The longest M6 bolt in the kit will work without the small spacer they supply in the lower fender position because you don't need the clearance down there, but as you can see in the photo there's no way it's long enough with the small spacer if you want to use the position at the top. I'll be getting with TT about it, but thought maybe they had already addressed this issue before I ordered the kit. Clearly they have not.

Today I was installing the Denali Micro lights with the fender mount I had received from TwistedThrottle.
Could not do it....

The bolts seemed to be too short (approx. 2.5"). Called them, they were very nice! Went to their project bile, checked the bolt, the spacer. Yep, they sent me the right part.
Yet, I could not catch the thread no matter what I tried.

Went to Home Depot, got the M6 x 75mm bolts. All is well now...

Just so you know...

3.jpg3.jpgSounds like another trip to ACE hardware for some stainless bolts. This problem has happen to me so many times by so many manufactures, that I guess I have come to expect it.

Smileynoevil.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like another trip to ACE hardware for some stainless bolts. This problem has happen to me so many times by so many manufactures, that I guess I have come to expect it.

Looked at Lowes and Home Depot yesterday and they didn't have anything. I'm going to give TT a chance to do the right thing. At the very least they should not market the fender kit for the NC700X if they are not going to include the correct bolts.

They include the correct bolts if you install it using the included tilting hardware. What is wrong is the image on the package. Longer bolts are required to duplicate that installation.

They include the correct bolts if you install it using the included tilting hardware. What is wrong is the image on the package. Longer bolts are required to duplicate that installation.

I agree that you COULD mount it that way, but doing so is not even mentioned in the instructions and that is not the way the kit is shown on their site:

web_d1_d2.jpg

I too want the cleaner look you have without having to go out and buy the proper bolts -- IF I can even find them. I didn't give TT $25 bucks for 4 little plastic spacers. I think somebody at TT is blowing smoke if they suggest mounting the D2s like that as an option. If I wanted to use the M8 mounts included with the lights I would have put them on my bike's crash bars.

If you look at TT's nc700 pictures you can see they came up with a third different way to mount them.

OK, I didn't see those pictures before buying the mount kit. This photo seems to show what's going on the best, even though those are not the D2 lights which have a wider base:

IMG_0177Honda-NC700X04.jpg

I can't tell in that photo that they are using any part of a mounting kit. Maybe a longer screw or something. I wouldn't even need the mounting kit to do it like that. Maybe that's your point, but then TT shouldn't market the kit for mounting the lights per the instructions for the NC700. Then me, and others, would not buy it and expect it to work as advertised.

Decided to install the D2s I recently bought from Twisted Throttle on Saturday and immediately ran into the "short bolt" problem with their suggested fender mount kit.

View attachment 11460

The lower right-hand bolt is a OEM fender bolt.

The longest M6 bolt in the kit will work without the small spacer they supply in the lower fender position because you don't need the clearance down there, but as you can see in the photo there's no way it's long enough with the small spacer if you want to use the position at the top. I'll be getting with TT about it, but thought maybe they had already addressed this issue before I ordered the kit. Clearly they have not.

The kit you purchased is for the Denali MICRO not the Denali D2. That is the problem. The mount that you installed before the step off spacer is too wide for the supplied hardware. This is what mounting spacer on the MICRO loos like:

The kit I would suggest is the Denali LED Universal Offset Mounting kit. It has a wider range of hardware and was designed to mount the D2 and the DX.

Sorry for the confusion. If the kit is in new condition I am sure we will be able to give you a return so that you can purchase the offset kit. Otherwise, the suggestions of getting a longer bolt should resolve your issue. Just be sure the bolts you do source are prepared for outdoor use.

Kev

The kit you purchased is for the Denali MICRO not the Denali D2. That is the problem. The mount that you installed before the step off spacer is too wide for the supplied hardware.
The kit I would suggest is the Denali LED Universal Offset Mounting kit. It has a wider range of hardware and was designed to mount the D2 and the DX.

Sorry for the confusion. If the kit is in new condition I am sure we will be able to give you a return so that you can purchase the offset kit. Otherwise, the suggestions of getting a longer bolt should resolve your issue. Just be sure the bolts you do source are prepared for outdoor use.

Kev

Hi Kev,

I agree with your assessment of this situation, but I (and others) relied on the application chart off your web site when I ordered the LAH.00.10200 fender mount kit for the D2 lights:

TTAC1-small.jpgTTAC2-small.jpg

I would just buy longer M6x85 bolts and be done with it, but I haven't been able to find them for a decent price here in the USA. I'm going to reassess this problem over the weekend and decide if I'll need to return the kit.

Last edited:
Back