• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT Technology across a spectrum

I find it very interesting to see many members wanting to transform the 700X in to something it never was made for. It is a fun lightweight commuter/weekend warrior. I am way too tall for any decent windshield so I will just ride it like I bought it. The only major mod for me is a new seat. I own the the non-DCT version, just because.

Absolutely spot on! :)

I find it very interesting to see many members wanting to transform the 700X in to something it never was made for. It is a fun lightweight commuter/weekend warrior. I am way too tall for any decent windshield so I will just ride it like I bought it. The only major mod for me is a new seat. I own the the non-DCT version, just because.

Because no one makes a motorcycle that is perfect for me! The NCX is a good start though. Give a Cal sci tall shield a try instead of the postage stamp shield. (big difference)
When I have all the mods I want, it will be made for what I need. Honda just gave me a starter package to complete my design.

Don't get me wrong, I fine tune every bike I own with comfort and performance items. I just don't think you can turn a cow into a bull by bolting stuff on.

I think that you can fine tune modern bikes to suit your personal requirements but you can't change the purpose thay were designed for. In the good old days a standard British bike could become a cafe racer a commuter a tourer or even a chopper with eaqual success

on the 's' model I don't see why they cant come up with something like this only a bit larger.
images

Billy Budd said:
I find it very interesting to see many members wanting to transform the 700X in to something it never was made for.

I think that you can fine tune modern bikes to suit your personal requirements but you can't change the purpose thay were designed for.

OK, mentally disturbed here, but that's per-zactly the reason I bought mine. If you told me a bulldozer couldn't jump a creek, I'd have to try it.

dozer.jpg

And then when I dunked it in the creek you'd all be congratulating yourselves on your intellect and I'd be "...I think all I need is some more speed and a stronger ramp!"

It sounds like some of you guys need different friends to hang around with, lol.

With all my buddies, we are more surprised if the other guys actually use something for its "intended" purpose rather than some off the wall devious experiment.

Sure, it more often than not goes slightly awry, but, well...what's wrong with that? Occasionally it's "Holy crap, that's awesome!" too, heehee.

OK, mentally disturbed here, but that's per-zactly the reason I bought mine. If you told me a bulldozer couldn't jump a creek, I'd have to try it.

View attachment 2155

And then when I dunked it in the creek you'd all be congratulating yourselves on your intellect and I'd be "...I think all I need is some more speed and a stronger ramp!"

Is that a liitle more speed as in velocity or as in little white pills. To jump a bulldozer over a creek both might help :) :)

View attachment 2155

It all depends on whether you had a paddle or not. I am of the to each his own crowd, I love motorcycles and I only make the distinction of those who do and those who don't.

with that bull dozer i would just fill in the creek, even that would be fun, dale

Georgia law prescribes a 25ft. buffer zone on each side of what they call "state waters". I have a tree-hugger neighbor on the other side of the creek (which is the property line) who heads into the woods with her camera if she hears the dozer head that way. I can ride along the creek at 30 feet and watch her scurry from tree to tree. She has called the State EPD on me before. A good reason to jump the creek would be if I thought I could land on her.

Georgia law prescribes a 25ft. buffer zone on each side of what they call "state waters". I have a tree-hugger neighbor on the other side of the creek (which is the property line) who heads into the woods with her camera if she hears the dozer head that way. I can ride along the creek at 30 feet and watch her scurry from tree to tree. She has called the State EPD on me before. A good reason to jump the creek would be if I thought I could land on her.

In AZ we have plenty of room to hide the bodies...............All the California liberals are moving here away from Komifornia so I guess we are next.

Back