• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT for 8,150 or manual for 6,400?

Sorry. I realize 1/4 mile times and NC700X shouldn't even be used in the same sentence, but . . ."I think I would burn a manual NC700, too" needs a rebuttal.

Cycle World test of the NC700X manual showed 1/4 mile time of 13.86 seconds, and the DCT 14.34 seconds.

That was quite possibly two different riders on two different days at possibly two different tracks. So we'll just leave it as close enough to be a tie.

Greg

Gotta agree with Greg here. Especially coming off the line from a stop. I don't know where in the rpm range the DCT engages the clutch, but I'd be willing to bet its lower than the torque peak of the engine. Seems to me a semi competent rider dumping the clutch at the peak power rpm should be able to come off the line a bit faster.

Of course, the above is just my opinion and I've been wrong before. Besides, if I was still into that sort of thing I'd be riding a Speed Triple, FZI, ZX14, Hayabusa, etc. :)

Bob

Last edited:
In the uk the dct has more hp than the manual, which means in some parts of the world the dct will keep up or beat the manual.
Wonder why the difference.......

In the uk the dct has more hp than the manual, which means in some parts of the world the dct will keep up or beat the manual.
Wonder why the difference.......

WINNING!! ... lol
and the 1/4 mile's fraction of a second in the US can be lost as easily as having the driver be an extra few pounds. Not to mention, you need race track driver skills. I'm sure I could adjust and tune the bike to match those of the UK. Plus, people forget that this shift points of the DCT are dependent on the rider... You can redline each gear if you want. I am sure the bikes are pretty equally matched, however I doubt that most of the manual riders have the speed and skills to get through them as fast as the computer.

In any case, it's all personal preference. I prefer to focus my attention on the road and drivers around me. I also deal with a lot of stop and go traffic in Los Angeles.

the point of these bikes the NC is not how fast you can go ,top speed blah blah.
these bike weren't design for that.
economy and low down torque and cheap to produce and sell.
I would go as far to say that the engine was design for the DCT!
geared model's you quickly run out of puff till you change into the next gear and so on till you hit 6th.
and if your use to riding screeming banshee's or better known here as scotch rockets where the rev's hit the magic 12000 or more,
you will find it will soon rev out on every full throttle.
but the NC was design for those of us who like the easy ride....THE nc700xdct(the 'S' to) fit the bill ..I tell ya fit the bill!!!!!!

Well- I went with the DCT. I found a red 2013 for 8,150. It was a total of ten hours of driving today- but worth it! I love it!

Somewhere on the web there is probably a crotch rocket owners' forum with a thread linking to this one and five pages of replies loaded with howls of laughter.

scotch rockets!?! is that derogatory towards the scottish motorcycle gangs!?!...lol j/k... we call them crotch rockets, or rice rockets....lol

yeh thats right crotch..fecking elly I'm getting like Rocker and we haven't meT yet!;)

Last edited:
Back