• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Daytona bike week.

davidc83

Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The wife and myself drive over to the speedway today. There was a couple of bikes I wanted to test drive. I tested the Royal Enfield Meteor 350, and the CF Moto Ibex 800 T. The CF Moto was really peppy but the engine was not smooth running- at constant speed the rpms would surge and was unnerving but the suspension was very good. The re350 was a fun little bike but was a little too small for me-right leg was cramping when we got back. Also test drive a sling shot. Got in the manual model ......forgot the only foot clutch vehicle I have driven in the past 40 years has been tractors. Stalled the thing 3 times before getting out of the parking lot and once at a red light. Then I found the sweet spot on the clutch feathering and no issue after that....and that thing handles nicely for a 3 wheel car- I can see the appeal.

Might have been a problem with the Ibex you rode. We have a demo, and I’ve only ridden it very briefly, but I didn’t notice anything like the surging you mention.

Might have been a problem with the Ibex you rode. We have a demo, and I’ve only ridden it very briefly, but I didn’t notice anything like the surging you mention.
It may needed a software update. I have read where it is a known issue and a software patch is supposed to correct the issue. Other than that, it was enjoyable.

Back