• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DanMoto XG-1 Twin Pipe exhaust

bigjeff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
$80 for the pipe and exhaust - $124 shipped to the US. Super cheap but very strong and well made for what it is. All stainless steel - nice welds. NO BAFFLES - straight through with perforated sides and packing - like an old school musclecar glass pack.

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart. No noise debates please. This thread is not for you.

56f4a1954efe7823064b9bbeefd93884.image.550x550.jpg

20b151822c108562b048b46bed14734a.image.550x550.jpg

Buy it here:

NC 700 X/S 2012- XG-1 [EX-00481] - $80.00

Sounds like this:

[video=youtube;D-Enx-krY8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Enx-krY8s[/video]

So - anyway, I ordered the XG-1 from Danmoto all the way from China, and it only took 6 business days to get here. Impressive. The pipe and hardware are of a nice quality - all stainless steel.

The XG-1 was a snap to install. Took like 5 minutes to remove the old pipe, 5 minutes to install the new. It fit perfect and the attachment hardware works fine. Only snag is a need to fabricate and install an alternate stop for the centerstand. For now I have the centerstand zip tied out of harms way.

The sound - it is loud - with a capital L. Sounds to me exactley like a straight pipe Harley sportster. Same firing cadence, same low low low growl and snarl. IF - and I say IF - that is your thing, this is the pipe for you.

new pipe.jpgpipe rear.jpgpipe side.jpgpipe close up.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Looks and sounds great. I'm still thinking about the pipes. I think my neighbors might hate me and file a complaint.

I have several harleys and sportbikes with race pipes in my neighborhood along with two County Sherrif Deputies with in a block from my house. Here they leave you alone unless you are doing something stupid.

Here is a pic from a distance for better perspective...

0926131225.jpg

Looks amazing! I might have considered this over my 350 USD GPR exhaust. How do the welds look to you and what is your experience level in welds? I may consider this as a second exhaust.

How do the welds look to you and what is your experience level in welds?

The welds are tig and look very consistant to me. Experience level - I am a FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic with over 30 years of mechanical and engineering experience working with several airlines and also Lockheed building the f/a-22 Raptor. I am currently semi retired and like customizing old 70s to 80s era bikes as a hobby.

The exhaust is simple and strong. Not much to go wrong. It is basically a straight through pipe with a perferated inter metal tube in the "dual" area with fiberglass behind perferated tube. Nobaffles - more like old school glass pack like a cherry bomb to take away that tinny sound.

It sounds amazing when you let off the gas to shift or when you decel - it has that muscle car snarl.

any thin walled stainless steel is always tig welded especially if it needs to be shinny.
tig weld's dont leave any spatter like mma and mig.
by the way the mma is stick welding incase some are not sure.
I use a mig cheaper and quicker but unfortunately leaves spatter on the part.
I paid well over £600 for my mig so its not a cheap welder.
I've also got a cheaper mig but no where near as good as the one that I used.
anyway back to the pipes!!

The welds are tig and look very consistant to me. Experience level - I am a FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic with over 30 years of mechanical and engineering experience working with several airlines and also Lockheed building the f/a-22 Raptor. I am currently semi retired and like customizing old 70s to 80s era bikes as a hobby.

The exhaust is simple and strong. Not much to go wrong. It is basically a straight through pipe with a perferated inter metal tube in the "dual" area with fiberglass behind perferated tube. Nobaffles - more like old school glass pack like a cherry bomb to take away that tinny sound.

It sounds amazing when you let off the gas to shift or when you decel - it has that muscle car snarl.

No kidding, you're an aircraft mechanic? I did some time for a small airline in northern Saskatchewan as an apprentice. Most of my work was on Twin Otters, Beavers, and Navajo Chieftains. Was there for about nine months before I decided that it wasn't for me. Loved the work (about 90% of the time), but had a hard time dealing with some of attitudes around the hangar. Being 3500km away from my girlfriend and family didn't really help either.

I worked on MD-88s, MD-90s, 757, 765, L1011 tristars, MD-11s, mostly big stuff. Except for the F-22 - that thing was the ultimate air sport bike. ;)

Here are some pis pf the welds - kinda hard to see but it was done with a cheap phone in the driveway with an old shaky hand. lol

When I get a chance I'll have my son do a video with his I-phone while I do a drive by....

0930131618a.jpg0930131618.jpg

Not really a joke. A pilot was killed by it in Alaska. Multiple others have spent time in a hypobaric oxygen chamber. They all have the f22 cough. Elusive problem but a real problem.

Was not aware of that. I looked it up. That totally blows for the pilots and of course the government wont admit anything. :(

BTW - There are no baffles for this pipe. Like I said - this pipe is loud and it really does sounds like a Harley 883 sportster with straight pipes. Growls, snarls, decel pops and all. It really surprised me. With this XG-1 pipe, it really sounds like a vicious race bike, yet we all know it is not. Amazing.

My 16 valve cb900 sounds lame in comparison and it is pushing 100 hp with the big bore kit and polished ports.

Last edited:
Back