• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Danmoto not shipping to California

My reason for wanting a louder exhaust is that I live in the SF bay area and very few people who live here are paying attention to what's going on around them when they drive and I am hoping that if I am heard when riding I will get to live a little longer...

Dave

If thats the only reason save your money.

I agree with SergeantChuck, I love to hear a good sounding bike, and hate to ride one long distances. Pay attention next time your in your car and see where you hear a louder bike, as compared to where you see it. From behind or in front of you, either way, once you hear it, it is already there. The noise is for your enjoyment, I don't believe it is a safety thing.

Well I hate to disagree, but the NC is almost electric silent. I live in CA where the traffic is stop and go and I see auto drivers make more room for the loud HD's all the time, yet be startled when I am right next to them all of a sudden. Just yesterday I was almost run off the road twice by drivers that didn't see or hear me and I was right next to them. I guess I feel that my life is worth more than a few hundred dollars and want to give drivers a chance to notice me. I also have to partially agree with Ed. I put a aftermarket exhaust on my Evo VIII for performance reasons and ended up removing it and going back to stock due to drone at freeway speeds.

I also can't say that it is only for safety reasons since I hope to enjoy the sound more, but I simply can't say it is for performance reasons because I know that I will be lucky to get 1hp.

Thanks Sarge, but I am not looking for un-muffled straight pipes, just enough sound to be noticed. I want to still enjoy riding and like I said I am fully aware of what happens when you go too loud, but I also experience on a daily basis the issue related to being too quiet. To paraphrase: I am not looking to annoy or cause hearing loss, just to be noticed.

I think if you visited the SF bay area and saw how inattentive the drivers are you would understand.

I'm hoping to get ahold of one of these exhausts as well. I may just try to order one an see what happens.

I am in san francisco. I commute on the bay bridge everyday. Sometimes traffic moves freely, other times you got to lane split.
I added LOUDER HORN (a must), denali led lights (a must), Leo Vince exhaust (with silencer IN), LED rear lights in my givi v46 top case (really does help) .
I also wear Hi Vis helmet all the time. My riding suit is grey with Hi Vis along the sides and back of shoulders and at night I wear a Hi VIS vest.

While lane splitting, don't go at a crazy speed.

Ride safe & Ride smart

Last edited:
Pick up a Yoshimura pipe, worth the money, legal, and will last a lifetime. I've ran DanMoto on my race bikes before and they get louder and louder and louder and louder until you throw the thing in the garbage.

Back