• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Damn it!

670cc... like the wishing well in the front yard... nice touch.

Thanks. That wishing well has been around awhile. I built it out of redwood back in the late '80s - back when you could still buy redwood. That wood lasts a long time out in the weather. Then around 2003 we moved it to my new house. The wind got a hold of it on the trip and it flew out of the pick up bed. It survived the crash on the highway at 40 mph! That wishing well has good luck!

Now it actually sits over my well pipe, so in a sense it really is a well.

Now back to the original topic, whatever it was . . .

I give my vote to the "going south" option.. Here in Brownsville TX is 80's for the rest of the year, can't beat riding all year around..

( Jun-Aug is in the 100's every other day, but that can be fixed just going faster :)

I give my vote to the "going south" option.. Here in Brownsville TX is 80's for the rest of the year, can't beat riding all year around..

( Jun-Aug is in the 100's every other day, but that can be fixed just going faster :)

Well we're all different. My ideal riding temp is 60-65*F. 80*F is definitely too hot, especially in sunshine, and 100*F is simply out of the question. So Texas would be misery for most of the year. I'll gladly give up riding a couple winter months further north to have great conditions in spring and fall.

Besides, there's more to do than ride. Winter is for snow skiing. Summer is for boating and watersports.

Last edited:
Well we're all different. My ideal riding temp is 60-65*F. 80*F is definitely too hot, especially in sunshine, and 100*F is simply out of the question. So Texas would be misery for most of the year. I'll gladly give up riding a couple winter months further north to have great conditions in spring and fall.

Besides, there's more to do than ride. Winter is for snow skiing. Summer is for boating and watersports.

Living in Vancouver, it is a unique place in our climate. It's normally just cool when the rest of Canada is cold, and only warm when lots of places are too hot. The potential drawback is, of course, the semi-perpetual temperate rain forest drizzle and overcast skies, but all in all I think it's a not bad compromise to live with.

My preferred riding temp zone is very similar to yours- 45 or 50F to 70F :)

I agree with you 100%. Its getting cool enough here I may only be riding for another week and that is disappointing since I am still so new to it. It won't be long and the skis and snowboard will come out. This time of the year I can hardly wait for the lakes to freeze so I can get back to snowkiting. When I sadly say goodbye to winter I will be ready to get the bike out and do other things like paddleboarding and kayaking. I would get bored doing the same things year round. I know everyone is not like that. Without the change of seasons I could only do half the things I like to do.

Back