• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Damage to Underside of NC700X?

Jarrett

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone damaged the underside of their NC700X by running something over? Specifically, being off pavement and damaging something on the underside?

I kicked up a loose chunk of asphalt in an old parking lot and it dented the oil filter. It didn’t leak oil but it prompted me to buy a skid plate.

I think Dale has a skid plate he sells (on this forum - great guy and great products).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondabikepro sells one that’s like a tank, but it’s probably overkill for street or gravel use. But that’s the one I bought.

I badly damaged the header pipe just forward of the silencer where it exits under the gearbox. The pipe was just about repairable but it cured me of taking it offroad again. At the end of the day I hadn't purchased it for offroading and in all honesty it is not equipped for offroad as standard.

Or just take your AT... Seems like the intelligent thing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My AT will be going and it handles it just fine as is. It has a skid plate stock.

The 700X is my daughter's bike. She wants to ride off pavement as well.

I'm trying to determine how much I need to spend on it to get it off pavement ready.

I also had an Africa Twin for a while (17,000Kms). It is obviously an offroad bike with much better ground clearance than an NC and vastly better suspension. I did replace the OEM bashplate for an aftermarket item that also offered some protection to the alternator cover. That cover is extremely vulnerable and made of very light material. A number of folks have had it holed in a drop.

At the end of the day some common sense prevailed and I got myself a CRF250L for all my offroading. That is an excellent little bike that is extremely user friendly. I am sorry I didn't get one years ago. My direct comparison would be with a KTM 690 that I enjoyed for about 6 years. That had an excellent road engine and adequate suspension. However it was not as user friendly as the little Honda.

Back