• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CTX700 forward footpegs on NC700X DCT

luckedoggs

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried to mount the CTX rider forward foot pegs (not controls) on the NC? Images of both, suggest a similar frame and mount points (left and right).

I currently have the Kuryakyn ISO peg mounts attached to the frame (as highway pegs), but they are a little too high up the frame, and the CTX mounts would be ideal (locating around 3-4 inches lower).

Alternatively any advice on how I could mount the Kuryakyn's lower. These are the wider 1.35" ISO footpegs

IMG_20141221_114231.jpgIMG_20141221_114241.jpg

Don't buy cheap eBay...

The above is what I am trying to do but I wouldn't recommend the lower cost look-alike foot pegs from China you can get off eBay. I had both clamps break before they would get tight enough so they wouldn't slip on the crash bars.

Broken Foot Peg Clamp (Small).jpg

..... I had both clamps break before they would get tight enough so they wouldn't slip on the crash bars....

Clamp on your picture looks like Kuryakyn Magnum Quick Clamp.
Was there any installation instruction with your pegs?
In original clamp instruction Kuryakyn requires to install spacer washer between clamp halves to prevent damage to the clamp.:confused:

View attachment 21722

I have had these Rivco Goldwing foot pegs and mounts, on my Givi Engine guards for 2 1/2 years now. No problems!
I have also seen folks with the Kuryakyn Highway Pegs that have worked quite well.

003.jpg

Lootzyan,
Mine look like Kuryakyn and they may be made in the same Chinese factory but they are not advertised on eBay as any brand. They did not come with instructions and no lock washers or clamp spacing washer were included. I can see where the clamp spacer washer would keep the clamp from shattering. I could not get the clamp tight enough around the crash bar tubing to keep the foot peg from spinning, even with a moderately heavy push of my hand it would slip. Is the clamp spacer washer wide enough to also dig into the 1" bar to keep the bracket from spinning? I even tried some rubber between the clamp and bar but it would still spin.

Thanks,
Charles

Last edited:
Luckedoggs, I have the same peg arrangement as you currently, and I also want the CTX pegs! There's a fairly large motorcycle wrecker near where I work that I keep hoping (sort of?) will get a wrecked CTX in so that I can buy all the mounting stuff for a reasonable price.

Let us know if you get it done before me!
:)

Lootzyan,
Mine look like Kuryakyn and they may be made in the same Chinese factory but they are not advertised on eBay as any brand. They did not come with instructions and no lock washers or clamp spacing washer were included. I can see where the clamp spacer washer would keep the clamp from shattering. I could not get the clamp tight enough around the crash bar tubing to keep the foot peg from spinning, even with a moderately heavy push of my hand it would slip. Is the clamp spacer washer wide enough to also dig into the 1" bar to keep the bracket from spinning? I even tried some rubber between the clamp and bar but it would still spin.

Thanks,
Charles

I did spring for the Kuryakyns, even with those I had to add a strip of old inner tube beneath the clamps to get them to hold well.

I put Kruyakan on mone but bought a clamp from PJ's in Daytona to go on crash bars. Here is quote from old post at http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4529-highway-pegs-installed-sw-motech-crash-bars.html

One of my agendas at Biketoberfest last week was to find some highway pegs. In the Kuryakyn tent I immediately saw pegs that I wanted, these Kinetic Black pegs.

4321-1.jpg.ashx

I already knew I wanted a Longhorn offset mount and found a pair of those in the tent.
7571-2.jpg.ashx

Then came a challenge. The longhorn offset mount in black only comes with a 1.25" clamp and the Motech crash bars are 1" Looked for a separate clamp and they only make 1"clamps in chrome. I WANTED BLACK ON MY BLACK BARS.

I went to Destination Daytona to the JP store. I found some 1" clamps that looked like they would work with the Longhorns. I verified at customer service they would work.
505-897_A.jpg

All the items I bought:
View attachment 9664

On the way back to the track I stopped at Walmart to buy some hex wrenches to install as I only had metric with me. Next to my tent I opened up the packages only to find out the camp would not quite fit. The clamp has to fit into a piece that prevents the arm from rotating. On one side it goes around the clamp and on the other is splined to match the arm. Picture shows the difference in size. Upper left is the piece that fits around clamp. Lower left is the 1.25" clamp packaged with arm. Lower right is 3 piece clamp.
View attachment 9662

Next picture shows spline on other side of adapter and offset arm.
View attachment 9663

So all the parts in the top box for modifications at home with more tools.

Next step was to grind the clamps to fit the spline adaptor. Pencil line shows what had to be ground.
View attachment 9665

Luckedoggs, I have the same peg arrangement as you currently, and I also want the CTX pegs! There's a fairly large motorcycle wrecker near where I work that I keep hoping (sort of?) will get a wrecked CTX in so that I can buy all the mounting stuff for a reasonable price.

Let us know if you get it done before me!
:)

I might hack and rig up one. The Rivco mounts look good though

This may be a little late to the original conversation, but may help anyone coming across this post. I just upgraded from an NM4 to NC700X DCT. The bent knee, lean forward stance was similar to my previous ST1100P ride and had to be corrected for long commute riding (Rox handlebar extenders, modified seat cushion). For highway pegs, I was able to successfully mount Kuryakyn "Longhorn" pegs with 1.35" clamps on the frame (no crash bar). The four inch extension and large trident paddles end up with a comfortable forward leg position that is equivalent to the NM4. With the DCT, you can keep your left leg on the forward peg at all times and bring the right leg back onto the stock peg when anticipating stopping.

Is there anything like a toe brake pedal for the right peg, similar to what we have on airplane rudder pedals? That would allow for continuous right leg extended riding.

IMG_2624.jpgIMG_2625.jpgIMG_2626.jpg

Last edited:
[There's a fairly large motorcycle wrecker near where I work that I keep hoping (sort of?) will get a wrecked CTX in so that I can buy all the mounting stuff]

My guess is that the CTX sold or sells only in tiny numbers so you may be in for a long, long wait.

[There's a fairly large motorcycle wrecker near where I work that I keep hoping (sort of?) will get a wrecked CTX in so that I can buy all the mounting stuff]

My guess is that the CTX sold or sells only in tiny numbers so you may be in for a long, long wait.

thanks for the info!! i will check it out praying for a dry day!!:cool:

Can anyone explain why (convince me) the Kuryakyn are worth buying for twice as much as these?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Det...STAR-Roadstar-KAWASAKI-black/32598314088.html

I don't have a problem with waiting for the delivery. I can understand a risk for the "main" footpegs but these are just for footrests as opposed to taking full weight. Also, I currently can't find a Kuryakyn set with 1" clamps (would have to spend even more)

Are there any other options anyway can recommend?

EDIT: * Even cheaper... 1 Highway Clamps 1" Large Foot Pegs For Yamaha V-STAR Roadstar kawasaki black | eBay

Last edited:
Back