• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Crooked rear seat

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed the rear seat ( pillion....what have you) on my 700x is crooked? . It's only noticeable when the seat is secured. ...shows slightly when seat is up for fuel.
I suppose it could be crooked body plastic as well. Just haven't had time to disassemble and investigate. Anyone else run into this. Bikes never been in an accident. TIA

If it's out side to side the seat is held by three bolts. Straighten the seat & tighten the bolts up with a drop of thread locker.

The seat latches fine. But , when the seat is secured and looking from the rear, the rightside ( exhaust side) , it's raised up a bit.......perhaps an 1/8" or more? . I checked the three bolts , all secure? . I'll do some more investigation and report back. Thank you for the response . I may even disassemble that portion of the rear plastics to get a more informed view : ) .

After disassembly, it appears the mount for the pillion came out of the factory " bent" . Someday I'll order a new one?.

Back