• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Commuter Bags

Rygle928

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Been a bit since I've posted but thought I'd share a find that I liked even more than i thought I would. Was pondering luggage for a while and even purchased some hard cases (and returned them). As i have my NC mainly for commuting to and from work, and errands around town, I didnt have the need for large hard case (expensive) luggage.

Soooo i gave the Bags Connection Blaze set up a try. I admit that thus far I am pleased. Build quality is good and much sturdier than I expected. Capacity is perfect around town...for me at least. And holds enough for a short trip if the mood strikes. I also like that the setup can be removed and assembled in a minute or so...including removing/installing the support bars (which hold the bags nicely when you have to pop the back seat to fill up).

Definately not anti-theft but i dont find my self in any areas where that would be an issue...and if it comes up they pop off in a jiffy.

Basically my daily routine includes carrying lunch for work, gym clothes, including shoes, for before work (along with shower stuff), rain gear, tire repair kit, small tool set and a few odds and ends...just was a little more than the "frunk" could hold.

Just in case anyone has a similar need and didnt want to spend too much...$364 including shipping and includes all hardware and rainproof liners.

Happy riding,
Jeff

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

That's a pretty cool set up there. I like it. I have the honda top box, but if I were to need to expand my storage capabilities I'm looking at those next. Cheaper than paneirs and just as easy to remove.

Price seems high, but it looks like it adds a lot of storage. Interesting that you've put on a tank protector on the false tank - any particular reason why, or just for looks? I tend to sit up in an upright position the bike, never really leaning on the false tank storage area.

Price seems high, but it looks like it adds a lot of storage. Interesting that you've put on a tank protector on the false tank - any particular reason why, or just for looks? I tend to sit up in an upright position the bike, never really leaning on the false tank storage area.

I can thank my daughter for that. " dad it looks cool " I'm a sucker for the kiddos

Looks good.i have been looking at the cortex.2 sides and a middle that comes off and use as a backpack .im going to dealer to see how they fit next week.if not i may give these a try.

I'm thinking to buy the same bags! Great!
Is it possible to reuse the bags for other bikes? Does they sell the specific bars separately? I think the bags is always the same...

I like. Easy on/easy off, looks like there is decent room to stash the items needed for a daily commute. I am in about the same situation - the frunk is good when commuting, but can fill up fast. I added a tank bag just this past week which helps (so far I just keep 2 pair of gloves in there, leatherman/maglite w/case, along with side stand plate for easy access), but having the extra storage in these looks perfect.

I looked at these bags some time ago. But I was concerned the bag would fall against the muffler during fuel up. Now that you have educated me on that issue, I might just order them today. These bags plus the frunk are all I need for everyday rides and errands. If I travel in the future, I'll invest in a set of large hard cases. Thanks for sharing your views with us.

I am going to stick my head out and say the price is way too high for such a set of flimsy soft-bags.
Sorry. They will probably last 1 year and they will look worn and old.

For that same price, a top notch topbox with solid rack can be installed.
The config is not ideal for our bike because of the fuel cap location.

I hope my comment does not make you too unhappy.

Joe

I am going to stick my head out and say the price is way too high for such a set of flimsy soft-bags.
Sorry. They will probably last 1 year and they will look worn and old.

For that same price, a top notch topbox with solid rack can be installed.
The config is not ideal for our bike because of the fuel cap location.

I hope my comment does not make you too unhappy.

Joe

Not at all Joe....fun thing about forums is everyone gets to express their opinion. These work for me and should wear slowly with my use. As far as soft bags go though these are better built than others I have looked at..semi-rigid and hold shape better and the inside panel has a stiffener in it to beef it up a bit. Although not ideal for our fill configuration I agree....no more than a 10 second deal to pop top strap and then reconnect when done.

As for the question about support bars a few posts back....not sure if you can order those as a stand alone or not but will try to find out.

Life in the Army means you have to work to make me unhappy ;)...will give a longer term review as we a move through a brutal Texas summer...that's a good test for luggage of any type.

Jeff

Back