• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Combo license plate storage box and helmet lock?

I've looked at the helmet lock but after feeling how much the tail flexes(twist), I decided not to get one. Maybe you can change my mind. :D

There's certainly enough storage in the frunk and the hidden space in the tail, that the extra cargo of this box seems unnecessary.

I've got conflicting feelings on this. First it would be nice to have a place for registration and maybe even the owners manual if it would fit. On the other hand it means adding another key to the key ring. I already have the house key and the Givi luggage key on my key ring..... So I don't know about adding another

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ya, I'm left a little abivalent about these things too. I mean I like the idea, they seem like cool gadgets (I have the stash box from a Christmas gift) but in reality, I just can't overcome the arguments against, versus the arguments for.

I would never ever trust my helmet to be locked to my bike by just the chinstrap D-rings, so that's out straight away. Where I go, my helmet goes. If I was desperate and just *had* to lock my helmet to my bike, then it would be with a big honking braided steel cable through the visor opening and around a substantial edifice like a frame rail or something.

The items that I would put in the stash box also wouldn't be things important enough for me to worry about if the box was pried open and contents pilfered. I would also be either packing that with me (Insurance documents etc.) or if they were that compact to fit in the stash box, then they would easily fit elsewhere in the bike totally out of sight, and not a tempting target out in the open in the first place.

There just aren't too many things that I can think of that I would want to hide away for use, that I wouldn't be super disappointed if they were nicked and unavailable when I actually needed them. ie: tire plug repair kit, first aid kit and so on.

Good point about carrying another key, too. Gah, I have a wheelbarrow load of keys to deal with as it is, lol.

I've got conflicting feelings on this. First it would be nice to have a place for registration and maybe even the owners manual if it would fit.

What about using the user manual storage location in the frunk for manual, registration, insurance?

What's wrong with the OEM helmet mounting in the rear seat?

Under the rear seat is the hook for the supplied cable, the cable loops through the d-rings on the helmet then one loop goes over a small hook aft and left of your gas cap. When you close the seat your helmet is "locked" a lot of guys don't like this because a knife to cut your helmet strap, or a leatherman to cut the cable and poof disappearing helmet.

I put my helmet on the left mirror. I have a small padlock that I use to lock the helmet D rings to the clutch handle. It closes tight enough that it won't slide off the ball on the end of the lever.

Under the rear seat is the hook for the supplied cable, the cable loops through the d-rings on the helmet then one loop goes over a small hook aft and left of your gas cap. When you close the seat your helmet is "locked" a lot of guys don't like this because a knife to cut your helmet strap, or a leatherman to cut the cable and poof disappearing helmet.

If someone is really looking to steal something, they will steal it.

If someone is really looking to steal something, they will steal it.

I tend to agree with this... which is why I really just want to make it less appealing to those people who only kinda-sorta want to steal something for no reason other than it would be something to do. If some punk walks by a bike and the helmet is just sitting there then he may grab it and leave with it for shits and giggles.

If he has to grab a knife and cut the straps it is less likely.

I didn't get a cable with my bike. I assume any cable will do. I have a bicycle cable I could use, too, to "lock" the helmet onto the grab bars in the back.

I was just thinking that a combo of those two products would be kind of cool.

I tend to agree with this... which is why I really just want to make it less appealing to those people who only kinda-sorta want to steal something for no reason other than it would be something to do. If some punk walks by a bike and the helmet is just sitting there then he may grab it and leave with it for shits and giggles.

If he has to grab a knife and cut the straps it is less likely.

I didn't get a cable with my bike. I assume any cable will do. I have a bicycle cable I could use, too, to "lock" the helmet onto the grab bars in the back.

I was just thinking that a combo of those two products would be kind of cool.

They do say that having two different locks really helps discourage the bad guys because now they got to do double work to steal your bike which takes double the time in which they might be caught.

In fact, If you can use chain or cable to wrap the bike around a tree or pole of some sort it makes it much harder for the bad guys.

Biggest threat to a bad guy is TIME. The longer they take the easier it is to get caught.

Last edited:
I don't even bother with any locks, like some of you said if they want it they'll take it. I have seen some heavy locks busted in a matter of seconds. It is not worth my time/money to put chains or ulocks on. If the neighborhood is that bad, I am not leaving my bike anyway. At home I park it in the garage. My buddy's bike was lifted into a truck with locks on it. lol.

I use the included wire strap and hook by the filler cap only when the frunk is full. (short durations only).

My parents still use "The Club". LOL I laugh everytime I see it.
- Should add that a theif busted the lock when they couldn't remove the club, the theif then chopped up the sterring wheel to remove it. So when they recoved the vehicle they had to add a new sterring wheel to the bill.

Last edited:
Back