• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Color change via vinyl

Racenut

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently bought my wife an NC700XD. We sold her metallic white Ninja 650, but she was really bummed that the NC700x didn't come in the same white as the CB500x. So we fixed that...

Before....
DSCN0678.JPG

DSCN0680.JPG

DSCN0681.JPG

Very Nice! I like the digital camo wrap, too. The missus likes it too from the looks of her!

Good first post. Hope to see more of you (or her since she's the NC rider).

Also added the Puig Vario windscreen. Had to order from a vendor in the UK as I couldn't find anyone in the US that had it in stock. But brspecialtuning.co.uk got one to me in less than a week for less than anyone had it listed in the US. She hasn't had a chance to try it out yet, but will take care of that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Should like the screen,I do.just watch the well nuts,they get lose and pull out with a bigger screen.

That vinyl looks awesome! I really, really like it. Did you do all the vinyl work yourself?

In thinking since the NC700X was availalable in white right away in Europe, Honda will probably offer it here in the next year or two. They've cycled through the other three colors (grey, red, black) already.

Last edited:
That vinyl looks awesome! I really, really like it. Did you do all the vinyl work yourself?

In thinking since the NC700X was availalable in white right away in Europe, Honda will probably offer it here in the next year or two. They've cycled through the other three colors (grey, red, black) already.

We did it ourselves, at times we had the kids helping too as there were a few places that we just needed more hands. I wrapped my BMW GS Adv a few years ago so it wasn't totally new to me. Now I plan to rewrap it in a different color and I'm sure with what I've learned it will turn out even better. Each piece we learn something and makes the next a bit easier. YouTube has lots of videos with tips.

Where did the vinyl things come from? Are they available in different prints?

I got the material here... many different colors and patterns. First got a few samples, then ordered a 5'x4' sheet of Hexis Gloss White Sparkle Fine Glitter, and a 5' x 2' sheet of Digital Midnight Camo. It was tricky figuring out how to get all the pieces from the white, but we did.
Metro Restyling - Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Camo - Car Wrap Vinyl

I ordered a 5' x 4' sheet of white. That was just barely enough and only with some careful planning on how to cut the pieces out of it. Only tip I have there is do the big pieces first.

I ordered a 5'x2' piece of camo for the side panels. No problem getting the 2 pieces from that.

The white was Hexis Gloss White Sparkle. The camo was 3M Controltac. The white sparkle was the look we wanted, but I will say the 3M material is a bit easier to work with. I also wrapped my R1200GSA with 3M material. The NC has some challenging angles. I would recommend using seam sealer. We tried to get away without it, but got edges lifting in a few places. This caused a few problem spots that I was somewhat able to fix... things that I notice, but nobody else seems too. I think if I had used seam sealer in the beginning, I wouldn't have these spots and wouldn't have had to take the thing apart twice.

Most challenging spots are the lower "points" of the side fairings. That point combined with a hard inside curve wasn't fun. This is a spot where I think the 3M material would have made it easier and putting seem sealer on from the start.

Second was the "vents" in the side fairings. They are so narrow that when you slice down the middle, it doesn't leave much material to wrap inside. again, this is where seam sealer from the start I think would have provided a 100% acceptable result, but it wasn't till it lifted that I found that. By the time I got the sealer on it, the adhesive on the vinyl was a lil dirty and didn't want to lay down like I wanted it to.

Back