• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cogent Dynamics VS Rally Raid Suspension Upgrade?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade the suspension on my NCX (finally) and was ready to pull the trigger on a Cogent Dynamics setup, then Rally Raid released their setup.

I know no one has installed but the Rally Raid setup yet, but I am a complete motorcycle suspension newbie, so I can't tell if there is a difference.

Thoughts?

I have the Cogent Dynamics rear shock. It is exceptional & has delivered beyond all my expectations. The handling and comfort changed exponentially. 650 mile days are possible in comfort. I did the Emulators on the front before I found Cogent for the rear.... the combination has been exceptional for someone like me with back issues. They are suspension geniuses. After the success with the NC shock, I also had them do an off road shock for my Honda CRF 250L with the same outstanding results for an obvious different bike and purpose

Think many of us are very satisfied with cogent. They build to your specific use, weight and your desired ride characteristics. They will complete a questionnaire or survey of your specific needs or wants at the time of order.
Mine was $660 delivered.
Since they are "local", service after the sale should be easy and fairly convenient.

Probably can't go wrong with either if the price is right for you. RR did a lot for the CB500X, so I wouldn't expect they'd gotten lazy on the NC.

Everything on the Rally Raid site shows the NC stuff fitting the 750, however does it also fit the 700 model as well? I've been told the suspension is identical to one another. If anybody knows that for sure I would appreciate the reassurance.

Yes sir, I should've done that in the first place really. I'll send them a message and let y'all know what they say about it. Good day amigos!

I can officially confirm the NC750X suspension is a direct match to the NC700X so both suspension setups are a go. Any other suspension for the 750 should fit the 700 as well. Alright brothers and sisters, that's my findings so y'all have at it, be safe, and ride on!!!

I can officially confirm the NC750X suspension is a direct match to the NC700X so both suspension setups are a go.
I have been waiting on a response from Rally-Raid about their rear shocks on this compatibility between their NC750X products and our NC700X.

From whom did you get this interchangeable confirmation from?

Ray

I have been waiting on a response from Rally-Raid about their rear shocks on this compatibility between their NC750X products and our NC700X.

From whom did you get this interchangeable confirmation from?

Ray
Got the confirmation straight from Rally Raid. Tractive is who makes the parts and they confirmed that the fitment is exactly the same on both bikes. Here's my response I got back from Rally Raid
f385e399cc5f8cbc64613f6e64174e9c.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Got the confirmation straight from Rally Raid. Tractive is who makes the parts and they confirmed that the fitment is exactly the same on both bikes.
Thanks, just ordered my rear shock, NC750X Tractive Rear Shock & Preload Adjuster-RRP 805, from them.

Hope it arrives prior to the Flying Monkey Rally at Zion next month.

(HU meet/ Flying Monkey Adv Rally)

Ray

The remote preload adjustment looks slick. Thinking about going RR/Tractive on my NC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back