• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clickty clackty

The quality of the metals used to make the rocker arm tappets is 1st class. Even when you check your valves quite often, seldom is an adjustment needed.

Keep in mind that it's a Honda....it's fn bulletproof. Just keep up on it's annual required maintenance....Don't beat it to death....happy riding...no worry's!!

I beat on mine every time I get on it, no problems. Still on original chain, sprocket and tires after 13k miles.

Well, I changed my oil yesterday (and filter). I put in Castrol full syn T4.
I swear the engine is running less clickty clackty.

BTW- the dealer I bought it (NC) from said they changed the oil - and it did look clean. But I think the oil filter was not changed as my oil filter strap wouldn't get it off. I had to run down to the parts store in "9 mpg" (my 1980 F-150) to get a METAL filter cap wrenchy thing. Can't complain too much. I have another tool!

Personally, the clacking nose sounds more like light piston slap than lifters. The early L98 engines I GM trucks are notorious for piston slap, and to my ears the NC engine sounds similar. Maybe it has to do with this engine having longer skirted automotive style pistons (and operating in a more automotive rpm range).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back