• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cheap top trunk

I had a JC whitney on my VFR. It flew away as I bumped on a pothole @ 50mph speed. I dread to think what damage or grief it could have caused if it were to happen on a busy day with a lot of traffic. The two metal strips that go under the mounting brackets are too flimsy. They warped and gave in. I had the box for one full year, and was beginning to think of it as being as good as a Givi. After that incident, I got a magnetic tank bag and that lasted me for ever.

I had one of those on a scooter. There are several vendors that sell them, and IIRC at the time I got mine Sears actually had a better price than Whitney. I didn't have any problems with the latch, but the mounting plate to box mount was loose on mine and caused the box to shake until i put some shims between the box and mount. The top of the box has a sticker with a Maltese cross symbol which some folks find to be a bit of a turn off. The only other downside on mine was the plastic had a very strong and unpleasant odor. I got in the habit of leaving the box open when I parked at home to try and let it air out, but it didn't help. It stunk just as badly after a year as it did when I first got it. At any rate if you can live with the smell and the graphic and don't mind tweaking the mount a bit the box works pretty well.

Bob

Back