• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cheap Headset

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was interested in getting a headset. I was concerned I would break it or lose it so I wanted my investment to be low. With a low investment I wasn't expecting much in the way of performance.

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg..._1694723500597_mk1rimo349&refer_page_sn=10045

It cost about $25 through Temu if the link doesn't work

PXL_20230914_185547218.jpg

The instructions were not great but I have to say I am impressed with the function. I can get the audio from my phone acting as gps. If I play audio from the audible app it interacts well. I'm not sure how long it will last but I have to say it has exceeded my expectations.

Sounds like a good buy. Have you been able to try it connected to other headsets?

I bought a Cardo pactalk works good, but there are a lot of wires to tuck up into your helmet, not sure how to install it and make it look professional, I had to use a little duct tape to secure the wire that goes to the microphone.

No I have not. I took my first call on the bike today and was told it sounded good on the other end. The instructions were not clear on how to run the wires so I just made it up. I have an HJC modular. I ran the wires down where the helmet chin strap comes down to go to the unit. For the speakers I pulled back the clips that keep the internal helmet bits in. The speakers got tucked into the pockets. I originally had one speaker wire going up top to the other side but found if I kept it low around the bottom diameter behind the internals it fit better. The unit came with both a soft and firm mic. I pulled the internals and pushed the mike behind them without gluing. I could glue it now that I know it works but why mess with what works.

Update:
I was reading deeper into some of the other reviews and it is not an intercom. It is only a headset.

Last edited:
I have flip front helmet and used to use a headset but the sound quality is not great especially with wind buffering

I then got some decent Sony noise cancelling head buds which I can get my helmet over and the sound is great, can only hear music / navigation and very feint background noise

Obviously head set has its benefits if you are riding with a pillion cos of 2 way comms

I was thinking of getting a headset but then realised that without a headset, nobody can phone you...
I did get a headset in the end as swmbo insisted on it. I just use it for Spotify.
It is a Cardo spirit HD. I got it with a discount. Does the job, haven't bothered learning the buttons and it answers with voice control.

Back